Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » to send email from workflow???
to send email from workflow??? [message #109833] Tue, 01 March 2005 05:14 Go to next message
manish_singla
suppose i hav a table in pl/sql having columns as :---

name
email
flag

now i want to create a new w/f that monitors this table in pl/sql and if a column in the table changes (let it be flag....i.e. if it changes to Y TO N) then it sends an email at corsponding address.

then the process repeats after some specific time.

how can we do it???

i really appreciated the help.
Re: to send email from workflow??? [message #109898 is a reply to message #109833] Tue, 01 March 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Doing it with workflow is more difficult than doing it with a simple trigger.

In the standalone Workflow you would:
1.) create the simple workflow to send an email. Just the start, notification, end.
2.) Register a new event e.g. ora.11i.emp.lvlmon.email or whatever
3.) Create a trigger on the table to raise the above event when your condition is met.

Using a simple trigger, you would:
1.) create your own pl/sql email sending pkg (get one from asktom.oracle.com or otn.oracle.com PL/SQL sample code)
2.) call the email pkg from a trigger you create on the table.
3.) To de-couple the trigger and the email, use a dbms_job call.
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:7267435205059

Re: to send email from workflow??? [message #110796 is a reply to message #109833] Thu, 10 March 2005 06:42 Go to previous message
adragnes
What you want to achieve might actually be easier to achieve using Oracle Alerts. You would not really need any programming at all. See the Oracle Alerts User's Guide for details. From the the user's guide:
Quote:

Oracle Alert facilitates the flow of information within your organization by letting you create entities called alerts to monitor your business information and to notify you of the information you want. You can define one of two types of alerts: an event alert or a periodic alert.

What you want would be an event alert.

If you want to do something more advanced than just sending an FYI notification when the event occurs, Workflow is probably the answer.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: plz tell me the complete details that how to create workflow process examine ny database table??
Next Topic: IReceivables - Remove Preferences from menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:50:03 CDT 2024