Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » plz tell me the complete details that how to create workflow process examine ny database table??
plz tell me the complete details that how to create workflow process examine ny database table?? [message #109805] Tue, 01 March 2005 00:58 Go to next message
manish_singla
plz tell me the complete details that how to create workflow process which periodically examines one database table??

also to send email to specific address when certain condition is not fulfilled.

help is really appreciated
Re: plz tell me the complete details that how to create workflow process examine ny database table?? [message #110795 is a reply to message #109805] Thu, 10 March 2005 06:33 Go to previous message
adragnes
It is hard to answer this as you ask for so much and are so vague on the details. Complete details you will not get unless you actually want to pay someone for doing your work for you. Wink

However, I can point you in the right direction. What you want to achieve might actually be easier to achieve using Oracle Alerts. See the Oracle Alerts User's Guide for details. From the the user's guide:
Quote:

Oracle Alert facilitates the flow of information within your organization by letting you create entities called alerts to monitor your business information and to notify you of the information you want. You can define one of two types of alerts: an event alert or a periodic alert.

If you want to use Workflow since you want to do more than just send a simple email on a periodic basis if certain conditions are satisfied, then you would have to create a concurrent program that starts your new workflow when certain conditions are met and run it on a periodic basis.

See
  • the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide , chapter Coding Oracle Tools Concurrent Programs for how to create concurrent programs;
  • the Oracle Workflow Developer's Guide for how to create the new workflow; and
  • the Oracle Workflow API Reference, the chapter on the Workflow Engine APIs for how to create a workflow item, to start a process in it and how to set values for item attributes.

Good luck!

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: IReceivables Remove Field with Link
Next Topic: to send email from workflow???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:00:54 CDT 2024