Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » A book for a newbie to learn Financial11
A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #109319] Wed, 23 February 2005 15:19 Go to next message
Jadie
Hi All,

I am completely new to Oracle Applicaton Server/E-business suite.

Can anyone answer my two questions, maybe they are silly.

1. Does E-business suite = Application Server?
2. What is the great book for a DBA to learn Oracle Financial11, which can give a pretty good understanding, concept on Financial?

Thanks

Jadie
icon14.gif  Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131133 is a reply to message #109319] Thu, 04 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarun444
yes E-Bussiness Suite means Application Server where the bussiness logic is embeded in it or which enforces the bussiness logic.the best way to start a DBA course is to start with Orielly's Intoduction to Oracle DBA fundamentals book.
Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131288 is a reply to message #131133] Fri, 05 August 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Oracle E-Business Suite is a set of applications running on Oracle Application Server and the Oracle Database. The Oracle E-Business Suite is often referred to as Oracle Applications. The Oracle E-Business Suite is in other words not the same as Oracle Application Server.

Information specific to the Oracle E-Business Suite of interest to an Oracle Applications DBA would be first the Oracle Applications Concepts manual, and then the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Documentation Set also available on the documentation CD available for download from OTN.

--
Aleksander Dragnes

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 02:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131313 is a reply to message #131288] Fri, 05 August 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrant_rai

I agree with what Aleksander is saying, but i believe your getting confused a little bit. The E-Business Suite is sort of a package from Oracle and Application Server is a part of this package in simple words, If you want to get into Oracle financials, you may go in as a functional consultant(if intrested in non-technical side) or as a technical consultant. To be a financial consultant you must have some basic knowledge of any finance domain, e.g banking. Go to http://www.oracle.com/applications/financial-management.html

If you know about PO (purchase Order) Sales or Logistics it will be easier to understand financials.
The DBA's are the backend administrators managing critical DB accessed by millions of users, generating reports and fine tuning db. etc.

ping me if you need more info.
Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131321 is a reply to message #131313] Fri, 05 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrant_rai

Try these links, They are available for free:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B11454_01/11.5.9/html/erpdoc.html

http://www.oracle.com/applications/financials/index.html?catalog.html

Regds,
Vikrant
Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131673 is a reply to message #131321] Mon, 08 August 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkaura
Hi vikrant
Were u in SHCIL earlier?
How much is the cost of taking a 20 course on Oracle Financials....?
Re: A book for a newbie to learn Financial11 [message #131680 is a reply to message #131673] Mon, 08 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous message
vikrant_rai

Hi mkaura,
No im not from SCHIL.(sorry)
any course for Apps appx 35k +. it also depends on which place do you do from, when i enquired abt course fee couple of months back it was ranging from 35k to 50k, i found a reliable place offering course in 35. make sure it is a reputed institute which also helps with the placement.

regards,
Vikrant
Previous Topic: Reply wanted
Next Topic: Looking for guidance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:37:26 CDT 2024