Home » Other » Marketplace » Perl/Oracle Database Developer Position
Perl/Oracle Database Developer Position [message #106278] Wed, 22 January 2003 18:03 Go to next message
Al Karaptian
Please review the description below. If you are interested, please send me your updated resume (that explains in detail your Perl, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL Loader and UNIX shell scripting experience/responsibilities for database development at each employer that match the position requirements) as a word document attachment. I will then call you to tell you all about the company, position and team. Please note that all of your Perl and PL/SQL experience must be detailed in the body of your resume to be considered.

If you are not interested, due to your excellent industry experience, I was hoping you could help me out and refer me to a Sr Oracle Database Developer (that has exp w/Perl and Unix shell scripting) that you have worked with or know of that would be interested in the following position in Alhambra, CA.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide me and would be happy to provide you with a referral fee for any resulting placements.

Salary: $75-90K + options

A leading Global Internet Company is looking for yet another Sr Oracle Database Developer to join a growing team of Oracle Database Developers. Company has been public for over 3 years, has been profitable for the past 4 Quarters, has YTD Net Income of $63 million and has $245+ million in cash. Company has over 500 employees.

The Sr Oracle Database Developer will be responsible for developing Company’s backend Oracle database applications, in a UNIX (Solaris) environment, using Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader and Unix shell scripts. Company is running several instances of Oracle 8i databases on Solaris, loading 100,000’s transactions/day of financial data into a 30+ terabyte Data Warehouse. Transaction processing system is developed in Perl, PL/SQL, SQL Loader and SQL. Candidate will be responsible for developing the systems for stability, scalability and efficiency. Responsible for designing and optimizing database schema, queries, and complex stored procedures under Oracle 8. Locate and fix bugs in the existing Perl, SQL and PL/SQL code base. Create and modify Unix shell scripts. Candidate will also maintain the integrity of the databases in order to provide accurate information. Candidate will provide technical assistance by responding to inquires from users regarding errors, problems or questions about programs. Ensure availability of data in a timely manner. Consult with users to design and code reports/programs to meet their needs. Candidate will be required to be on-call 1 week every 2 months.

Company offers full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, 401K, Stock Options and Purchase Plans, 2 weeks vacation, 8 paid sick days, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.

REQUIREMENTS
MUST HAVE 3+ years of Oracle Database Development with SQL, SQL Loader and PL/SQL, preferably on large, high volume systems.
MUST HAVE Perl and Unix Shell Scripting experience, preferably on Solaris.
PLUS:
Unix System Administration or DBA experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Experience in Database logical and physical design is a plus, but not necessary.
OLAP programming tools (i.e. Business Objects, Pillar, etc.) is a plus but not necessary

Please do NOT apply unless you have Perl and Unix shell scripting experience. Only candidates with Perl and Unix shell scripting experience will be considered.

Please note that this is not an Oracle DBA or Architect position and DBA's nor Architects will be considered.

CLIENT WILL ONLY ACCEPT RESUMES/INTERVIEW LOCAL CANIDATES OR CANIDATES THAT HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

*Company is unable to sponsor or perform corp to corp for Visa holders. *
*Company will not offer relocation assistance. *

Company is in position to hire immediately. Qualified candidates can expect to perform a phone interview within 24 hours, in-person interview within 72 hours and, if applicable, an offer immediately following.
Re: Perl/Oracle Database Developer Position [message #106280 is a reply to message #106278] Fri, 24 January 2003 15:59 Go to previous message
Bick Hoang
Dear Hiring Manager,

I am currently a programmer analyst and am very interested in meeting with you to discuss the Perl/Oracle developer. I have attached my resume for details about my professional competencies and work experience.

My current position involves job skills (Perl/Unix/Oracle) that I can immediately apply to your needs as well as offering me the opportunity to expand my professional skills.

I adapt well to new and challenging situations. I enjoy the challenge of taking on projects and seeing them through to successful completion. I possess good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks for maximum efficiency.

I thrive in environments that demand exceptional quality with strong commitments to both organizational and personal success. I believe my positive attitude and my ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team will allow me to meet new challenges and become a valued asset to the organization.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Bick Hoang
16053 S.E. 63rd Street
Bellevue, WA 98006
(425) 957-7702
Email. Bick49@hotmail.com

OBJECTIVE
To provide expertise in software engineer, system analysis, designs, and implementation while providing the highest level of customer service.

TECHNICAL SUMARY
Strengths:
Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities with experience in database programming and design. Key skills include documenting requirements, working with end users, implementing requirements, designing logical applications and database solutions, software development, implementation of system designs, and maintenance of existing applications. Implementation of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) applications. Rapidly become fluent with new development tools, processes. Excellent organizational and communications skills. Work as software developer, with system architect, functional analyst, command center, dispatcher team, and developer team members. I have a successful record of completing assignments on schedule including the complete software development life cycle. Detail oriented and accurate.

Development tools/Software:
SQLServer, Oracle Designer/2000, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Developer, Oracle DBI/DBD, SQL*Form, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, Pro*C, Apache WEB Sever, MS Office Suit, Client/Server Development, TCP-IP Sockets X window Programming, Data Acquisition WEB CGI Programming in Perl, User Interface Design

Programming Languages:
Perl, HTML, CGI, DBI, KSH, BASH, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, OpenGL, JavaScript

Computer/Operating Systems:
Hewlett-Packard, Sun, Intel, Sequent, Macintosh, Silicon Graphic, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, VxWorks, MacOS, IRIX

EXPERIENCE
March 2001 - Present
Programmer Analyst Business
The Boeing Company, Seattle WA
· Large-scale database programming for international airline manufacturing, engineering, and sales using SQLServer, Oracle 8i new features, SQL, PL/SQL, Perl scripting with embedded Oracle DBI, UNIX Shell command/scripting.
· Implementation of system in Data Conversion using Metaphase Product Data Management (PDM) Toolkit in conjunction with Oracle Developer Suite to unify diverse databases.
· Large-scale data conversion for multi-site, multi-environment project. Converting Boeing Legacy to DCAC (Define Control Airplane Configuration), including extraction, unload/load for improved performance and maintainability, migration planning, installation and testing.
· Member of teams that design, develop and implement of the recommended database solutions for internal customers.

May 2000 - January 2001
Software Engineer
The Boeing Company, Seattle WA
· Responsible for design, analysis, software development, software testing, and implementation of various software change requests on the BoGART (Boeing Graphic Art) application. The technology used in this assignment was C++, Object Oriented development techniques (UML), SGI UNIX, ClearCase, and other development tools.
· Concentrated on C, C++ programming to determine the bounding box edges of certain graphics within the BoGART databases.

January 2000 - March 2001
Student Teacher Assistant
College of Business & Economics, Western Washington University, Bellingham WA
· Lab instructor CS101 – Personal Computers at Western Washington University. Presented lab task to class of 40, offered guidance and troubleshoot problems as students complete lab assignments. Consulted with course instructor about lab assignments and solutions.
· Grading for Computer Science courses including C++, Assembly, Discrete Structures and Functional Programming, Data Structures (6 sections). Duties include generating solutions, commenting on student’s work, and providing feedback to instructor concerning student progress.

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Concentration: Computer Science

REFERENCES
References are available upon request.
Previous Topic: Oracle Developer (OCP) Tampa available
Next Topic: Oracle DBA with AIX HACMP and HPUX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:04:13 CDT 2024