Home » Other » Marketplace » Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest!
Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest! [message #106265] Fri, 17 January 2003 02:06 Go to next message
Amburkar Vittal Rao
The one holding H1-B visa and the other without that visa; for additional information, therefore, please send me an email TODAY. Thanks, Rao
Re: Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest! [message #106266 is a reply to message #106265] Sun, 19 January 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tushar Pradhan
Please send me your Cv at the earliest with complete details and also if you are willing to relocate to Hyderabad. Maybe I can help you. Its very urgent.
Re: Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest! [message #106269 is a reply to message #106265] Sun, 19 January 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amburkar Vittal Rao
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
The attached CV gives you the background of Vipul Kumar who is willing to work at Hyderabad.
Regards,
A.V. Rao

Attached: 1 CV
Name of Candidate: Vipul Kumar

Experience Summary:

Over 6+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration. Installed, tuned and configured large
Oracle Databases.

Technical Skills:

Oracle Products: Oracle 7i, Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, Discoverer, Enterprise Manager, Oracle financials
9.2 - 11.5.5, Oracle Portal, Recovery Manager.
RDBMS: Oracle 6.0/ 7x / 8x / 8i / 9i, MS-Access
GUI: VB/ VC ++, Developer 6i, MS-Office, MS-Project
Others: Cobol, HTML, PL/SQL,Unix, VAX, Oracle Applications Installations

Experience:

Database Administration :
June 1997-June 1998
Client : Omega Consultancy Services, Mumbai
Oracle Application R11i, Oracle 8.1.6, Compaq TRU64 Servers
Performed Financial Application DBA duties, including:
· Cloned Production instance to Patch instance
· Applied latest 11i patches
· Upgraded Oracle RDBMS to 8.1.7.3
· Helped resolved issues introduced by the new versions of the software
· Setup up Compaq Tru64 Performance Manager tools.
· Set up Oracle Enterprise Manager tuning packs
· Set up Oracle Statspack

August 1998-September 1999
Client : Chrysalis Consultancy, Mumbai
Oracle Application 11i, Oracle 8.1.7
New Installation of 11i. Performed Financial Application DBA duties, including :
· Installed Oracle Application 11.5.5
· Created 4 instances of Oracle Applications
· Upgraded all database versions from 8.1.7.1 to 8.1.7.3
· Review and recommend optimal configuration of RAID systems for the production server(s)
· Installed and configured RMAN with small repository instance
· Installed workflow client software on selected workstations
· Installed ADI (Applications Desktop Integrator) on selected workstations
· Provided knowledge transfer to the client DBA as much as possible.
· Helped Oracle Functional team members resolve application problems.Octpber 1999-November 2001

Client - Omega Consultancy Services, Mumbai
Oracle Application R11i, Oracle 8.1.7, Sun Spare Solaris 8
New Installation of 11i. Performed Financial Application DBA duties, including :
· Review Current installation of 11i
· Upgrade 11.5.4 instance to 11.5.5., plus latest Oracle patchsets
· Correct problems with existing installation
· Installed fresh instance of 11.5.5
· Upgraded all database versions from 8.1.7.1 to 8.1.7.3
· Review and recommend optimal configuration of RAID systems for the production server(s).
· Installed and configured RMAN with small repository instance
· Installed and configured Discoverer viewer, Administrator, and user (3i versions)
· Installed workflow client software on selected workstations
· Helped Oracle Functional team members resolve application problems.
· Applied database and Oracle Applications patches as needed.

Oracle Application 11i, Oracle 8.1.7

Client performing upgrade from 10.7SC 16.1 to 11i. Performed Financial Applications
DBA duties, including :
· Setup and configuration of windows NT Servers in preparation for upgrade.
· Review and recommend optimal configuration of RAID system for the production server(s)
· Upgrade 10.7 database from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7
· Upgrade 10.7 Applications to 11.5.4 many times in preparation for go-live.
· Diagnosed problems encountered during User Acceptance Testing
· Monitored NT systems, tuned as required in anticipation of production load
· 'Cloned' instances to insure consistency between development, test problems, by doing research and
performing traces for them.
· Applied database and Oracle Application patches as needed.

Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle 8.1.6, Windows, NT Intel Servers
Assigned to client to help during the go-live phase of the implementation. Performed Financial
Application DBA duties, including :
· Diagnosed problems encountered during User Acceptance Testing
· Monitored NT system, tuned as required in anticipation of production load
· 'Cloned instances to insure consistency between development, test, and production instances
· Helped Oracle Functional team members resolve application problems, by doing research and

Oracle Applications R11i, Window NT

· Reviewed current installation and hardware.
· Reviewed planned upgrade
· Provided recommendations for upgrading to 11i.

Oracle Application R11i, Oracle Balanced Scorecard, Oracle 8.1.6, Sun Solaris Servers

Short stint, helped correct problem with installation of Oracle Balanced Scorecard.

Oracle 9iAS, Oracle 81, AIX

· Configured AIX server for installation
· Installed Oracle 9iAS software
· Provided knowledge transfer to client DBA as much as possible

Oracle Applications R 11.0, Oracle 8, AIX

Short stint, help correct problems with Oracle Self-Service Web Applications and IP urchasing setup.

Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle Balanced Scorecard, Oracle 8.1.6, Sun Solaris Servers
· Set Sun server for Oracle installation
· Installed Oracle Application R11I
· Installed and configured required software for Oracle Balanced Scorecard.

Environment :
Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle 8.1.6, Compaq TRU64 Servers

Returned to client for to help during the go-live phase of the implementation. Performed Financial
Applications DBA duties, including:

Responsibilities :
· Diagnosed problems encountered during data conversion
· Resized database objects as needed
· Monitored Unix system, tuned as required in anticipation of production load
· 'Cloned' instances to insure consistency between development, test, and production instances
· Provided knowledge transfer to the client DBA as much as possible, including recommending Oracle
Education classes.
· Helped Oracle Functional team members resolve application problems, by doing research and
performing traces for them. Also configured their laptops to work on the client network.

Environment:
Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle Balanced Scorecard, Oracle 8.1.6, Sun Solaris Servers
Responsibilities :
· Set up Sun server for Oracle installation
· Installed Oracle Applications R11I
· Installed required software for Oracle Balanced Scorecard
· Installed Oracle Balanced Scorecard
· Installed Oracle Balanced Scorecard Architecture on client workstations
Environment :
Oracle 7.3.4, Compaq Alpha Open VMS
Responsibilities :
· Reviewed connectivity issue client was experiencing after upgrading RDBMS
· Reviewed Open VMS operating system configuration, suggested modifications
· Reviewed UCX (TCP/IP) configuration, suggested modifications
· Reviewed SQL *Net configuration, suggested modifications
Environment :
Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle 8.1.6, Compaq TRU64 Servers
Responsibilities :
Performed Financial Applications DBA duties, including:
· Performed Unix System administration functions, as I had to configure the new Compaq Tru64 servers
in order to be able to perform the installation.
· Created 5 Oracle R11i Applications instances
· Created 2 Oracle instances for Recovery Manager catalogs
· Implemented backup strategy, using Legato Networker and Oracle Recovery Manager.
· Installed and configured web versions Discoverer 2000 User, Viewer, and Administrator
· Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager 8i
· Installed Oracle Application Desktop Interface (ADI) on specific workstations.
· Provided knowledge transfer to the client DBA as much as possible, including recommending Oracle
Education Classes.
· Helped Oracle Functional team members resolve application problems, by doing research and per
forming traces for them. Also configured their laptops to work on the client network.
· Performed basic database tuning.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R11i, Oracle 8.1.6, Sun solaris 2.7 Servers

This was a short engagement, for only two weeks. Performed Financial Applications DBA duties,
including:
Responsibilities :
· Performed Oracle R11i, Applications 1-Hour Install of the Vision Demo database.
· Reviewed current installation setup, verified that correct installation procedures had been
followed.
· Performed basic sizing recommendations for a new server.
· Provided knowledge transfer to the client DBA as much as possible, including recommended Oracle
Education classes.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R11.0.3, Oracle 8.0.5, Windows NT Servers
Responsibilities :
· Reinstalled Oracle Applications 1-Hour Install on a Forms/Web server and Database/Conc. Reports
server.
· Helped implement a Backup/Recovery strategies for the Oracle systems. Client used Veritas Backup
Exec software, with Oracle Agent, to perform backups.
· Created instances as needed (DBVL, PROD, CRPI, TEST) for use by the Oracle Functional consultants
during all phases of the project.
· Reinstalled Vision Demo database
· Provided recommendations for the RAID setup on the server to provide optimum I/O throughput.
· Configured SQL Net and NET8 on the Oracle Servers, and on the client workstations that required it
for certain client/server software.
· Installed Discoverer 2K Admin and Client software on specific workstations. Created database
structures required for the product in the Oracle Applications instances.
· Installed Oracle Application Desktop Interface (ACI) on specific workstations.
· Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0.4
· Created an Enterprise Manger repository database for the Oracle Applications database.
· Performed basic database tuning on the production instance during the setup phase.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R11.0.3, Oracle 8.0.5, Sun Solaris 2.6 Servers
Responsibilities :
· Corrected setup of Oracle Applications R11 installation by previous DBA. This started as a rescue
mission.
· Created and implemented a migrations strategy to move the production system from the Oracle server
to the client machine.
· Performed preliminary sizing estimates for the client Oracle Applications servers and for a
Business Intelligence Reports server.
· Provided knowledge transfer to the local DBA and technical people.
· Performed basic database tuning on the production instance during the go-live phase.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R11.0.3, Oracle 8.0.5, Windows NT 4.0 Servers
Responsibilities :
· Returned to the client site to provide DBA support during the HR/Payroll go-live phase.
· Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 on two workstations and the server.
· Performed basic database tuning on the production instance during the go-live phase.
· A general overview of the current capabilities and readiness of each agency to participate in an
Integrated criminal justice system.
· Summarized general findings including success areas, problem areas, interface issues, platform
issues, data volumes, etc
· Discussed general benefits of Relational Databases/SQL compliance that make data integration
easier.
· Identified all current key locations of data, including agency, platform, size, and transaction
volume.
· Used Data Relationship Diagrams to illustrate who owns the data, where it is, who it is transferred
to, and how.
· Identified the key information exchange points between each agency.
· Proposed how data should be captured, transferred/shared, and maintained between agencies.
· Provide recommendations on what each agency will need to do to make their data available for
integration.
· Discuss what technology enhancements are needed.
· Identified any new bridges/gateways that will be necessary.
Environment :
Responsibilities :
· Completed installation of Oracle Applications Release 11.0.3 on a single Windows NT server. Client
attempted the installation, but could not complete it due to lack of knowledge o Oracle and the
Oracle Applications.
· Installed Vision Demo instance
· Installed a Test and Production instance
· Reviewed and recommended a backup/recovery strategy for the Oracle instances.
· Examined another Oracle database at the client site, recommended some basic tuning strategies to
improve throughput.
Environment :
Responsibilities :

· Installed Oracle Enterprise Server 8.0.5, Oracle Public Sector Financials, HR/Payroll, Oracle Web
Application Server 3.02, D2K Server on two pairs of Windows NT Servers. Each pair consisted of a
Database/Reports server and a Forms/Web Server.
· Designed and implemented a Backup/Recovery strategy for the on Oracle systems. This strategy used
Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), with Veritas.
· Provided recommendations for the RAID setup on the server to provide optimum I/O throughput.
· Configured SQL Net and NET8 on the Oracle Servers, and on the client workstations that required it
for certain client/server software.
· Created and maintained up to 10 Oracle Application instances during the implementation of the
software.
· Configured the Web Server cartridges, the D2K Form Server, and Basehtml pages to use the Oracle
Jinitiator with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
· Installed Discoverer 2K Admin and Client software on specific workstations. Created database
structures required for the product in the Oracle Applications.
· Installed Oracle Application Data Export (ADE) on specific workstations.
· Installed Oracle Application Desktop Interface (ADI) on specific workstations.
· Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager on two workstations.
· Created an Enterprise Manager repository database on each set of servers. These databases were also
used for the Recovery Manger catalogs.
· Added the Oracle Public Sector Budgeting module to each Application instance later in the project.
· Trained the client DBA as much as possible.
· Performed basic database tuning on the production instance during the setup phase. There was no
real load on the system while I was at the client site.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R10.7. SC, Oracle 8.0.3, Sun Solaris 2.6 Servers
Responsibilities :
· Installed Oracle Financials Release 10.7 SC16.1 in a server partitioned environment (Oracle 7.3 /
Oracle 8.0.3). on 2 sets of Sun Sparc solaris 2.6 platforms. Each set consisted of a Concurrent
Reports server and a Database Server.
· Designed and implemented a Backup/Recovery strategy for the Oracle systems. This strategy used
Sun's Netbackup product.
· Created and SQLN Net on the Oracle Servers, and on the client workstations.
· Created and maintained up to 8 Oracle Application instances during the implementation of the
software.
· Configured the client workstations to access the Oracle Application instances.
· Installed Oracle Application Data Export (ADE) on specific workstations.
· Created an Enterprise Manager repository database on each set of servers.
· Performed basic database tuning on the production instance during the setup phase.
· Reviewed existing patch proc provided recommendations for improvement.
· Reviewed change management procedure and provided recommendations for improvement.
· Provided some tuning recommendations.
· Provided miscellaneous DBA functionality when requested.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R10.7 SC, Oracle 7.3, Windows NT 4.0 Servers
Responsibilities :
· Installed Oracle Financials Release 10.7 SC16.1 Oracle 7.3 on a pair of Windows NT platforms. The
pair consisted of a Concurrent Reports server and a Database Server.
· Installed Oracle Financials Release 10.7 SC 16.1 Oracle 7.3 on a single Windows NT platform. This
system was used for the Global Demo Database and the Project Accounting Demo database.
· Installed Oracle Interoffice and configured it to work with the clients Microsoft Exchange system
and Oracle Alerts.
· Designed and implemented a Backup/Recovery strategy for the Oracle systems. This strategy used
Cheyenne Arcserve..
· Configured SQL Net on the Oracle Servers, and on the client workstations.
· Configured the client workstations to access the Oracle Applications instances.
· Created and maintained a production, development, and a test Oracle Application instance during the
implementation of the software.
Environment :
Oracle 7.3, Digital Alpha Open VMS Servers
Responsibilities :
· Installed Oracle 7.3, with VLM (Very Large Memory) option on and Alpha Open VMS 7.1 platform.
· Created routines to perform hot backups of the databases.

Oracle DBA support,
Environment :
Oracle Applications R10.7 SC, Oracle 7.3, Digital UNIX and VMS servers
Responsibilities :
· Integrated the General Ledger from the Canadian branch into the main General Ledger at the
Kelloggs headquarters.
· Provided Finapps support to the Application DBA.
· Acted as a technical resource for the other IS staff as needed.
Environment :
Oracle Applications R10.7 SC, Oracle 7.3, UNXI servers
Responsibilities :
· Performed Oracle Financial Sys Admin duties.
· Set up the Oracle Financials Security and Application Object Library custom programs.
· Provided DBA support as needed.

Oracle DBA trouble shooting

Environment :
Oracle 7.3, Windows NT servers
Responsibilities :
· Installed and configured Oracle 7.3 on an NT platform. Moved existing database to the new platform.
· Modified some data transfer jobs to point to the new system.
· Implemented backup/recovery routines.
· Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager
· Performed Oracle DBA duties for the corporate financial (Oracle Financials) and payroll (People
Soft) databases on both VMS and UNIX platforms. Kept databases up and running, maintained tables,
performance and tuning.
· Developed and implemented procedures to automate various DBA duties, including on-line
backup/recovery, tablespace monitoring and extent monitoring.
· Installed and supported SQL Server databases on NT systems.
· Defined requirements, ordered and coordinated installation of equipment and software for all
systems as needed.
· Provided 7-24 support for 25 computer centers spanning the United States, including Digital VAX
platforms, NT Servers, workstations, LANs, WANs, SNA Gateways, E-Mail systems and PCs.
· Performed software and operating system installations/upgrades as needed.
· Provided 7-24 support for 25 computer centers spanning the United States.
· Developed system routines to help manage remote systems with less manpower and to reduce downtime.
· Helped install and implement Oracle databases for Oracle Financial modules (Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Revenue Accounting, Fixed Assets) and People Soft Payroll
system.
· Designed and implemented new Pathworks LAN for new corporate offices.
· Monitored and tuned all systems (VMS, UNIX, NT and Oracle databases) as needed.
· Helped pioneer design, development and rollout of the company's restaurant ordering and inventory
system based on smartstar, A SQL -compliant RDBMS.
· Aided Technical Services group with rollout and setup of Digital VAX systems to support this new
ordering system.
· Designed, implemented and documented new features and performance enhancements for the Smartstar
product.
· Developed prototype X -Windows interface for Smartstar software.
· Designed and implemented an automated software distribution system for software releases.

EDUCATION:

Diploma from National Institute Of Information Technology, New Delhi , India
Oracle Classes and Online Training completed:
· Oracle Parallel Server
· Oracle 8i - New Features for Administrators
· Oracle Applications R11 Installation
· Oracle 9iDatabase - Early Adopters 1
· Oracle 9iDatabase - Early Adopters 2
· Master in Finance from Pondicherry University, India
· Certificate in Cobol
· Certificate in Cobol
· Certificate in Unix and C Programming
· Certificate in C ++
· Certificate in Oracle 8.1.7

Masters in Management Information System and Human Resource Development from Maharishi Arvind
Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur, India

-------*-------
Re: Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest! [message #106608 is a reply to message #106269] Wed, 03 March 2004 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
i am look for Orcale Developer Posion
Re: Two highly experienced Oracle Developers Seek Jobs soonest! [message #106609 is a reply to message #106269] Wed, 03 March 2004 21:10 Go to previous message
Steve
i am look for Orcale Developer Postion
Previous Topic: IMMEDIATE Need for Oracle Discoverer Developer/Analyst - Philadelphia
Next Topic: Need Oracle certified Subject Matter Experts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:00:02 CDT 2024