Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle DBA position-Must be 8i & 9i Certified-Charlotte
Oracle DBA position-Must be 8i & 9i Certified-Charlotte [message #106205] Sat, 23 November 2002 14:50 Go to next message
Bill Law
Great opportunity for a Sr. Oracle DBA with 8i AND 9i certification to join this software
industry leader in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Base salary is in the 90-120K range and depends on experience.

Relocation Assistance is provided.

PLEASE Do Not send your resume for this position UNLESS you have the skills
outlined below for this position.

Please Do Not send your resume unless you have a stable work history.
Candidates whose work history includes frequent job changes connot be
considered.
If you are employed by a consulting company you must have a long term
project history.

This is a full time staff position so no sub-contractors or third parties
please.

NO H-1B candidates please.

Interested candidates will be required to complete a company questionnaire
that must be submitted with the resume.

*Description of duties:
Production support of operations required to maintain 7x24 database/application availability.
Logical Design and Physical Design in support of Production/Development Database operations
and support in Solaris/Linux ORACLE 8i/9i environment.
Essential Functions: Backup/recovery, RMAN, Performance tuning, Shell
scripting in Korn and Bourne Shells. ORACLE Internet Directory, ORACLE
Enterprise Manager, development/documentation of standards and procedures.
ORACLE DBA duties to include user management data exports and imports,
writing ORACLE scripts, general monitoring of system performance.
Assisting users with SQL and PL/SQL needs in day-to-day operations and
implementation of logical designs.

* Requirements:
-Oracle 8i and 9i Certification
-7+Years in IT
-5+ years of Production Oracle DBA experience including 8i and 9i
-Knowledge of OPS/RAC, OEM
-Proficient with SQL, PL/SQL, unix shell scritping
-Expert understanding of Oracle architecture
-Full understanding of Database concepts
-Knowledge of relational database design
-Must be a Self-starter.

For immediate consideration, please email your resume as an attachment to:

OraStaff, Inc.
Email: orastaff@mindspring.com
Phone: 1-800-549-8502.
Please Use Job Code:
Orafaq/Charlotte/Certified DBA/Carol

We pay referral fees.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested
in the
position described above- if it is not a match for your skills.
Thanks.
Re: Oracle DBA position-Must be 8i & 9i Certified-Charlotte [message #106239 is a reply to message #106205] Sun, 05 January 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hariom Kumar Verma
Hariom Kumar Verma
A/11, Surajban Apartments
Ganesh Khindh Road, Aundh, PUNE - 411 007, INDIA.
Mobile: +91 9422019274

CAREER SUMMERY

o Over two and half years experience as Oracle Database Administrator.

o Three years of programming and troubleshooting experience in VB, ASP, SQL, PL/SQL.

o Extensively involved in Sizing, Installing, Upgrading, Fine-tuning Oracle Databases 7.x, 8.x and 8i.

o Actively involved in Query Optimization and Optimization of Stored Database Program Units.

CERTIFICATIONS

o Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) – Oracle 8i DBA, Completed in July 2002 with 88% marks.

o Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) for Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Distributed Application, completed in February 2000.

o Brain Bench Certified for Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Programmer, completed in February 2000.

o Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) for Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0, completed in July 1999.

WORK EXPERIENCE

q Working with ExpressionS India as Oracle Database Administrator, Since February 2002 - Present.

Roles and Responsibilities:

o Installation of Oracle 8/8i/9i , Upgrading Oracle Server and Application Tools and Trouble Shootings.

o Enrolling and Administering the Database Users

o Managing Database Objects for Storing Data

o Planned and Implemented Backup and Recovery Strategies for 24X7 Databases.

o Maintaining System Security and Auditing

o Monitoring and Optimizing Database Performance

o Performance Tuning of Oracle Database as well as Application Tuning

o Configuring Clients through NET8

o Use of Oracle SQL*Loader Utility

o Use of Oracle Export / Import Utility

q Worked with Virtual Land Solutions, Pune, India as System Analyst. Since December 2000 - January 2002. Job Responsibility includes design and analysis the architecture of the project. Design the database file for the project. And make the team of programmers to work on current project.

Roles and Responsibilities:

o Installation of Oracle 8/8i , Upgrading Oracle Server and Application Tools and Trouble Shootings.

o Enrolling and Administering the Database Users

o Managing Database Objects for Storing Data

o Configuring Clients through NET8

o Use of Oracle SQL*Loader Utility

o Use of Oracle Export / Import Utility

Projects:

o Online Boating Reservation and Rental Portal ( http://chartersandparadise.com ).

The project is for SPJ Broadcasting Florida, USA. The project involves a B2B and B2C transaction, in which the desiring Boat-Clubs register online through the web site and offer their service online to the consumers through the site. The consumer signs up in the site and book their required boats online. For which the transaction is made through the credit card. Technologies Used for this project.

Server Technologies: ASP 3.0, IIS 5.0, ADO 2.0, CDO, ODBC and Java Applets.
Client Technologies: HTML, DHTML and CSS.
Script Languages: VBScript and JavaScript.
Designing Tools: Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0, Front Page 2000 and Photoshop.
Database: Oracle 8.1.6.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
Team Members: 4.
Duration: 6 Months.

My responsibility was in this project is to design and analysis the whole system, designing the database structure. Query optimization and Optimizing Stored Procedures and Functions. Additional responsibility was to write the server side scripting i.e. ASP using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 and writing the script for sending the email to the user and credit card validation. Managing the whole system using Microsoft Windows 2000 Adv. Server and Internet Information Server 5.0.

o Outlook Project

The project is an in-house project for VLS. The project involves a storing all the emails in Oracle Database, which downloads in Microsoft Outlook Express online. Technologies Used for this project.

Server Technologies: ADO 2.0 and OLEDB.
Client Technologies: Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
Database: Oracle 8i
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server/Window 98.
Team Members: 1.
Duration: 1 Month.

My responsibility was in this project is designing database, involved in the programming and debugging codes of Visual Basic 6.0 and Oracle PL/SQL, triggers. Tuned the SQL and PL/SQL. Was Also Involved in Post Implantation Support.

o Hospital Management

This project is for Government Civil Hospitals, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, orthopedic department. Hospital Process like Stock requisitions, Tender, Ward Management and Patient Management Modules are implemented.

Server Technologies: ADO 2.0 and OLEDB.
Database: Oracle 8 .0
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server/Window 98.
Team Members: 6.
Duration: 9 Months.

My responsibility was in this project is designing database, involved in the capacity of 6-member team, involved in the programming and debugging codes of Visual Basic 6.0 and Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers. Involved in writing of database PL/SQL Packages for improving speed of complex application processes. Tuned the SQL and PL/SQL. Was Also Involved in Post Implantation Support.

q Worked with SSI Limited, India as Software Engineer Since March 1998 - June 2000, Job responsibility includes development the project, managing the Database and Upgrade all the technical team on Visual Basic, ASP, Oracle, SQL Server, VID, IIS, .NET and others tools.

Projects:

o Banking System

This project is a client/server application for a local bank in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Project includes customer entry, for Saving, Current, and recurring accounts, Daily transaction module with important validations. Project includes different types of reports.

Client Technologies: Oracle Developer2000 (Forms 5 & Reports 3)
Database: Oracle 8i
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server/Window 95.
Team Members: 4
Duration: 10 Months.

My responsibility was in this project is designing database, involved in the capacity of 10 member team, involved in the programming and debugging codes of Developer 2000 (Forms 5 and Reports 3) and Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers, PL/SQL Packages for improving speed of complex application processes. Tuned the SQL and PL/SQL. Was Also Involved in Post Implantation Support.

o Examination System

This project is for a Higher Secondary School named Bharti Higher Secondary School. This is a Web Application, which runs within School premise through Local Area Network.

Server Technologies: ASP 2.0, IIS 4.0, ADO 2.0, and ODBC.
Script Languages: VBScript and JavaScript.
Designing Tools: Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0.
Database: XML.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server.
Team Members: 2.
Duration: 2 Months.

My responsibility in this project was to writing the server side code, designing the XML Schema file to create the user defined tags to store the data and managing the whole Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0, Windows NT and installing the whole setup to run in the school premise.

o Marriage Portal ( http://hindumarriage.com )

This project is for a HinduMarriage.Com. This is a marriage portal, which provides the information of the different marriage places. On this site user can put there all the information or they can take the information from site.

Server Technologies: ASP 2.0, IIS 4.0, ADO 2.0 and ODBC.
Script Languages: VBScript.
Designing Tools: Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0.
Database: Microsoft Access 97.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server.
Team Members: 2

My responsibility was to programming and debugging the code and designs the database file.

o Chat Application

Project for SSI. The feature of this project is to pass the messages from one client to another.

Server Technologies: MSMQ Server and ADO 2.0
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server/Windows 98
Team Members: 1

COMPUTER SKILLS

Database: Oracle8, Oracle8i, Oracle9i, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, MySQL, Sybase and Ms Access 2000.

Database Administration: Oracle 8.0, Oracle 8i and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0.

Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Adv. Server, Windows 95, DOS..

.NET Framework: Visual Basic.NET 7.0 , Visual C# , ADO.NET, ASP.NET

XML Technologies: XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSL, XLL, XMLDOM, MSXML and XMLDSO.

Software Packages: Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 / 6.0, Oracle Forms 6i, Forms 5.0 and Power Builder 5.0.

Report Writer: Seagate’s Crystal Reports 7.0, Oracle Reports 6i / 3.0, Microsoft Data Report.

Server Technologies: Active Server Pages, Internet Information Server, Personal Web Server, Apache Web Server,Microsoft Transaction Server, Microsoft Site Server, MSMQ Server, COM, and DCOM.

Client Technologies: HTML, DHTML, ActiveX and CSS.

Scripting Languages: VBScript and JavaScript.

Design & Development Tools: Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0, Front Page 2000, and Photoshop 5.0.

Data Access Technologies: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), ActiveX Data Objects.NET (ADO.NET), Remote Data Objects (RDO), Data Source Objects (DAO), and ODBC.

Languages: SQL, C, C++ and C#.

Software Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and FoxPro.

QUALIFICATIONS

o A.M.I.E (Electronics and Telecommunication), Institution of Engineers (INDIA).

o Diploma in RDBMS. SSI Limited, Chennai.

o Advance Diploma in Networking and Hardware Management, Accel School of Computer, Chennai

PERSONAL DETAILS

o Date of Birth: January 30, 1975.

o Sex: Male.

o Marital Status: Single.

o Language Known: English, Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati, Marathi(understandable).

o Nationality: Indian.

Re: Oracle DBA position-Must be 8i & 9i Certified-Charlotte [message #106240 is a reply to message #106239] Sun, 05 January 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srikanth Sesh
Pls send me your resume in Word format to the above email id.
Re: Oracle DBA position-Must be 8i & 9i Certified-Charlotte [message #106277 is a reply to message #106205] Wed, 22 January 2003 13:27 Go to previous message
cindy miao
Hi,

I am pretty much qualified for that position. I wonder whether I can get a little info about the hiring company before I send the resume.

Thanks

Cindy
Previous Topic: Oracle DBA wants position
Next Topic: Oracle Developer (OCP) Tampa available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:11:11 CDT 2024