Home » Other » Marketplace » Request career advice from DBA professionals
Request career advice from DBA professionals [message #105340] Wed, 07 November 2001 12:44 Go to next message
Jay Hutchin
Hello all,

I am currently trying to transfer over from working in technology at a security (access control, asset mgmt, fire, etc.) company to IT. I recently started cert training in Oracle, UNIX/linux and Visual Basic to supplement my hands on experience. Eventually, I'd like to land a jr. dba position, but I am not sure where to start. From what I've gathered, most jr. positions out there require at least 2 years of intense dba experience. I've tried cold-calling IT sources for information but usually get the cold shoulder. I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Many thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Request career advice from DBA professionals [message #105366 is a reply to message #105340] Sat, 24 November 2001 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raj Sundra
I would suggest highlighting your security and disaster recovery expertise, and then adding that you have Oracle/SQL development skills. YOu may be able to find a smaller company that wants a combo Network Admin + DBA. Also, suggest getting involved in User Groups.

Re: Advice [message #105371 is a reply to message #105340] Mon, 26 November 2001 14:45 Go to previous message
Jay Hutchin
Thanks for the good advice, Raj! It will be put to good use.

Previous Topic: Looking For ORACLE DBA Position
Next Topic: Re: ORACLE DREAM JOBS!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:35:54 CDT 2024