Home » Infrastructure » Unix » oracle 8.1.7 and ColdFusion
oracle 8.1.7 and ColdFusion [message #97655] Wed, 16 October 2002 08:05 Go to next message
Diana Baylen
I have a Sun server running running Solaris 8, and Oracle 8.1.7. Another server running Coldfusion and Netscape Server. When users are trying to access a website late at night..getting and error of

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information Oracle Error Code = 0 Unable to instantiate environment for 'ORACLE80.' SQL = "SELECT * from NODB_SWITCH" Data Source = "NETXPERT" The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (14:1) to (14:93) in the template file /opt/webroot/cellsitedb/default.cfm. Date/Time: Mon Oct 14 23:35:24 2002 Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT) Remote

I thought that it would be because of a the RMAN or system backups.. But they are not running at the time ?

Please Help !
Re: oracle 8.1.7 and ColdFusion [message #97656 is a reply to message #97655] Wed, 16 October 2002 09:12 Go to previous message
andrew again
Well it's almost certainly an operational issue. Networking, backup etc. (I guess you've figured that out already).
1.) Has the problem always been there or is it new. If new - when did it start.
2.) Can you still make NEW connections using sqlplus when colfusion has a problem?
3.) Does the problem always start at the same time?

You can look in the alert log to see what database activity there is around the time when the problem starts.
Try looking under .../admin/{sid_name}/bdump/alert_{sid_name}.log
Previous Topic: HELP
Next Topic: Re: steps to install oracle 8.1.7 on solaris 5.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:57:03 CDT 2024