Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Creating several password files in Unix using ORAPASSWD
Creating several password files in Unix using ORAPASSWD [message #97606] Fri, 06 September 2002 03:49 Go to next message
Jacqueline Ang
I have a few systems running under the same instance in Oracle 8.1.7. The tables used by each system is owned by a seperate table owner. E.g. Instance: TEST, System 1's tables owned by table owner PROJ1, system 2's tables owned by table owner PROJ2.
I have several batch jobs running in Unix for each system. The batch jobs are always run using the batch job id: BPROJ1(for system 1), BPROJ2(for system 2). From the shell script, I need to specify the batch job ids and their passwords. But I do not want to type the password inside as anyone can open the shell scripts and obtain the passwords for ids BPROJ1 & BPROJ2.

Someone advised me to use ORAPASSWD to generate the password files, but I do not know how to go about doing it.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks.
Re: Creating several password files in Unix using ORAPASSWD [message #97662 is a reply to message #97606] Thu, 24 October 2002 04:00 Go to previous message
B
it's not ORAPASSWD but ORAPWD .. and it's not for that use ... ORAPWD is use to give SYSDBA and SYSOPER role to an unix user who are not in the unix group dba
Previous Topic: Re: steps to install oracle 8.1.7 on solaris 5.7
Next Topic: Using variable in awk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:33:02 CDT 2024