Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Rapid Install failing at adrunat.sh. Installation hangs
Rapid Install failing at adrunat.sh. Installation hangs [message #96526] Mon, 13 December 2004 06:41 Go to next message
Sj
Hi,

We Are trying to install 11.5.10 on Red Hat Linux ES 3.0.  The installation is hanging in execution of adrunat.sh. The log file doesnot give any error but it just hangs. The installation is 95% complete.

If anyone can suggest some solution that will be great.

Thanks in Advance,

SJ

Re: Rapid Install failing at adrunat.sh. Installation hangs [message #96632 is a reply to message #96526] Thu, 06 January 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tu M Nguyen
I am installing 11.5.10 on window2k and experienced a similar problem, and here are what I found in my scenario.
1. JRE_CP variable in adrunat.cmd for win2k specified wrong files , or file not even existed anywhere
2. at 4th step out of 5 or "completed unzip 1219 of 1223 files" , adrunat.cmd finish at stage11ioraAppsDisk6applstage_pages40.zip, and if you open disk6.drv file in E:stage11ioraAppsDisk6appldriverdisk6.drv the folowing files have not been unzipped:
if installation-type admin node nodedev forms formsdev web webdev
# COMMON_TOP/_pages files
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages6.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages60.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
endif
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages5.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages50.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
endif
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages7.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
ad <s_clonestage>applstage _pages70.zip UNZIP <s_com>/_pages
endif

For win2k E:oracleprodcomn_pages_oa__html is one of the destination folder that adrunat.cmd unzipped to, and this folder has more than 17,000 files in it.
I had 160G hard drive for this installation, and now has 65G left , and when I tried to unzip more files to ..._oa__html folder, it complained that "no more space left". I then unzipped files to the same drive but not in ...._oa__html, and it was ok.
My conclusion is this. OA installation had put too many small files in 1 folder, and it reached the limitation of maximum files in a folder on Fat 32 file system. I don't know about NTFS.
Could you let me know about your progress.
Thanks
Tumnguyen@yahoo.com
Re: Rapid Install failing at adrunat.sh. Installation hangs [message #96758 is a reply to message #96526] Wed, 26 January 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venkat
Hi SJ,
did u get to finish the instalaltion. We are also tryign to install oracle Apps, can u please suggest me what steps i need to follow.
Re: Rapid Install failing at adrunat.sh. Installation hangs [message #96759 is a reply to message #96632] Wed, 26 January 2005 21:33 Go to previous message
Mahesh Malkar
Hi ,

Are you using staging for installation.Since I had similar problem my installation was hanginig at 95% file 1222 of 1250 while I was trying the installation directly form the CD .Then I have created the stage area & done the installation it went sucessfully.
I have installed oracle 11.5.10 on Linux Adavance Server 3.0

Regards,
Mahesh
Previous Topic: copy a user
Next Topic: ERP oracle apps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:02:15 CDT 2024