Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Re: Data Warehouse Jobs - Richmond, VA
|Re: Data Warehouse Jobs - Richmond, VA [message #93115]
||Fri, 07 February 2003 10:22
Registered: February 2003
3918 Burberry Drive S, #77
Lafayette, IN, 47905.
Tushar_Kale@hotmail.com Phone:(R) 765-426-5681
Worked extensively on Knowledge Management (KM) framework to implement Data Warehouse (DWH)
solutions for the Telecom, Banking, Staffing, Education, Service industries and for the Federal
Government. Has experience of more than 6 years in the Knowledge Management (Data Warehousing
tools and techniques) in the capacity of a Project Lead, Team Lead and Business Analyst. Successfully
handled responsibilities of Architecting a large Enterprise Wide Data Warehousing solutions by
working closely with consultants from the Big 6 consultancies.
Implemented Oracle Financials beginning from mapping system requirements, configuring, testing,
deployment and training. Possess good functional knowledge of various Business Processes such as
Customer Relation Management, Billing, Finance and Accounts, Inventory Management and Logistics. In
the capacity of a Module Owner successfully implemented Oracle Financials-ERP solution for India's
largest telecom operator-AT&T.
Worked through the complete System Development Life Cycle of an Enterprise Knowledge Portal in the
capacity of the Team Lead. This function involved responsibilities of conceptualization, gathering user
requirements, design, develop, test, deploy and maintain Knowledge Portals.
To share, learn the experience and knowledge gained over the past years in the field of Knowledge
Management and Datawarehousing, which would completely, utilize my technical knowledge and offer
continuing challenges with opportunities for growth.
Certifications and Training:
1. Sagent DataWarehouse Administrator - Advanced Data Mart Construction
2. Sagent DataWarehouse Administrator - Basic Data Mart Construction
3. Brainbench -Data Warehousing Concepts Certificate Transcript
4. MCDBA - SQL Server 7.0/ Windows NT4.0
5. Advanced Data Warehouse by Ralph Kimball
6. The Exploration Warehouse by Bill Inmon
7. SAS Rapid Datawarehousing
1. Sagent Enterprise Information Portal (EIP) Implementation
2. SAS Rapid Data Warehousing Methodology
3. Rational Rose OOAD Approach
4. Oracle Data warehouse Builder Methodology for Data Warehouse Implementation
1. Master of Management Studies (MMS)- University of Mumbai, India May 1996
2. Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunications) – May 1993
The University of Mumbai, India
3. Diploma (Instrumentation) – May 1990
Board of Technical Education, Mumbai, India
1. Active member of Project Management Institute (P.M.I) Sacramento, California chapter and
Special interest Group (S.I.G) in Information Technology.
2. Active member of Knowledge Management Institute, San Diego Chapter
PROJECTS Designed, Developed and Implemented over the last 7 years in chronological order
MailCode Inc. (Pitney Bowes Co), IN September 2002 till Date
A Data Mart for the Postal Industry that would analyze the flow of letters through the USPS postal stream
Role: Team Lead, Data Warehouse Initiative
* Analysis Document, Requirements gathering, Design Document, Design of Logical, Physical Data
Model, Star Schema Dimensional Modeling using SQL Server 2000
* A scalable Enterprise wide ETL Architecture Model that would incorporate other Data Marts.
A Fraud detection system for the Credit Card Financial Institution
* An Intelligent Mail tracking solution that would help the Credit Card Institution to know exactly the
numbers of cards that made successfully to their customers
* To track the number of Credit Cards that were stolen from the USPS postal stream
R Systems Inc, CA May 2001-October 2002
Enterprise Architecture for the Department of Justice, CA for a Web enabled Data Warehouse and an
Operational Data Store with Multiple Data Marts.
Role: Technical Lead, Enterprise Architect
* Formulation of Requirements gathering, Analysis Document, Technical Architecture Plan, Design
Document, Design of Logical, Physical Data Model, Star Schema/Dimension modeling using
* ETL architecture using Sagent Solution
* Backup and Recovery plan
* Business Intelligence using Sagent Solution 4.5i
* Data from 5 states was pulled into the Operational Data Store (O.D.S)
* Historical data of 5 years is maintained in the Data Warehouse
ODS environment is created that is similar to the OLTP system and will be replacing the existing
RDB mainframe system. ODS is designed to provide for OLTP queries
* Sagent Analysis and Sagent Reports is used for statistical and canned reports
* Sagent iStudio 4.5i is used for the ad-hoc reporting
Aptech Worldwide Inc, NJ August 2000-April 2001
Architecture, Design and Develop a Web enabled Data Warehouse and an Operational Data Store for
Role: Technical Lead, Enterprise Portal Architect
* Managed, Designed and Developed Web based Data Warehouse. The design included the Data
Warehouse and the Operational Data Store (ODS). The task of the Data Mart team was to
architect and the Data Mart environment to provide the functionality for analytical reporting.
* Setting up an operational process to interact with users, business analysts and SME's to define all
parameters from business rules through data report validation.
* Establishing a data mart operational process for development, testing, production and version
control of all data mart objects.
* SQL Optimization SQL Server 7.0
* Data Modeling using ERWin 3.5.2
* High visibility assignment, Corporate/ Technical Documentation Project Management
* SQL-Server 7.0, Sagent Solution 4.1, Visual Source Safe
* Responsible for installing, configuring and implementing Sagent Portal v4.2 that was further
integrated with the existing Sagent Data warehouse solution.
* Performed setup of virtual directory, defined session store setting and Sagent repository, setup
spider and index for Sagent Plans, created Spidered Content Processing setup and Sagent Plan
Taxonomy. Used Sagent Address Cleanse and Coder Transform to provide address
standardization and geocoding capabilities.
* Sagent Administration, Sagent MetaLens and Sagent WebLink were used for the Data Movement
and Data Delivery to the web.
Aptech Knowledge Management Division, NJ May 2000-July 2000
Architect the Business Intelligence functionality implementation into an Enterprise Knowledge Portal
Role-Data Warehouse Team Lead
* Developed The Business Intelligence (BI) engine which integrated data from various Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) tools such as SAP, Oracle Financials and Baan.
* Business Intelligence capabilities were successfully applied to the Document Management Module
to perform analysis such as number of documents contributed per person/day, number of
documents contributed per group/day, number of documents viewed per person/day and number
of documents viewed not more than 500 times/week. These reports were used to categorize the
documents into Good/ Bad Documents. The analysis results were used for performance tuning the
system. Stake holder's Document
* Used Rational Rose OOAD Approach-UML Tools to capture, design and implement systems
* Knowledge Maps - Incorporated Knowledge Maps for various Business processes.
Ruzuka Computers, India November 1999-April 2000
Strategizing the Methodology for implementing a Data Warehouse solution
Role: DataWarehouse Implementation Strategist
* Implement a strategy for implementing a web based Data warehouse for a retailing organization.
The design encompassed a strategy to be used over two years' data from the online transaction
* To assist the organization in evaluating the various Datawarehousing tools.
AT&T, India August 1996-October 1999
Architect, Design, Develop and Implement an Enterprise wide-Web enabled Data Warehouse
Role: DataWarehouse Technical Lead
* Conceptualize- Understand and generate the requirements for a Datawarehousing solution.
* Co-ordinate between DataWarehouse vendors to provide for hardware and software products,
Systems Integrators and Management Consultants
* Build the Data Warehouse to integrate data from various ERP data sources such as Oracle
Financials, Billing System-CABS, and Network Management for cross-functional analysis.
* Prepare the project plans and maintain project schedules.
* This study included-analyzing the various tools, Hardware-servers, Management Consultants and
* Designed the Data Mart for Finance department.
Implemented Oracle Financials Inventory Module
Role: Module Owner of Oracle Financials - Inventory System
* Worked through the character-based version to the GUI based 11.0.3 version. The scope of project
involved mapping new systems requirements, configuring, testing and implementation.
Tools and Techniques:
1. Power Designer
2. MS-Share Point Portal 2001
3. Sagent Portal - Sagent Address Cleanser and Coder Transform, Sagent Data Warehousing
Solutions v4.5i , Sagent Administration, Sagent iStudio, Design Studio, Sagent MetaLens, Sagent
WebLink and Sagent Reports
4. MS-SQL Server 7.0 RDBMS, MS-SQL Server OLAP Services
5. Oracle Financials System v11.0.3
6. Oracle Designer 2000
7. Oracle RDBMS 8.1.7
8. Sun Solaris 8.0
9. ERWIN v3.5.2
10. MS-Visual Source Safe v6.0
11. Manager Monitor v2.3
13. MS-Project 2000
14. Rational Rose OOAD - UML Tools
15. CA-Unicenter TNG
16. Crystal Decision
Current Time: Fri Oct 22 17:25:36 CDT 2021