Home » RDBMS Server » Security » New to oracle unable to make user account
New to oracle unable to make user account [message #8873] Wed, 01 October 2003 01:24 Go to next message
Amie
Hi
I am new to oracle , and all i know is that i have a user scott and password tiger my questions are
1) i dont know wether user scott has DBA account previlages
2) when i am trying to make an account i am unable to do so its telling insufficient previlages .

To tell i have oracle 9i installed on windows XP Professional . I havent used any other things that came with it rather than SQL PLUS so i dont know how to make user accounts
PLEASE HELP
THANKS
Re: New to oracle unable to make user account [message #8876 is a reply to message #8873] Wed, 01 October 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gerald
hello,

You should try via SQLplus with :
"connect sys/change_on_install"

Take Care
Gerald
CAN I SEE THE SYS DBA's password [message #8887 is a reply to message #8873] Wed, 01 October 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amie
HI
Thanks Gerald but the following code not working
connect sys/change_on_install
Can i see the sys dba's password , Can i find what my system dba's password is I AM Scott as user
and the Oracle is loaded on my windows xp professional edition
When i checked the file all_users
I Got that there are many users and above that there are 2 users sys and system
so how can i log in those without knowing the passoword
thanks
Re: CAN I SEE THE SYS DBA's password [message #8904 is a reply to message #8887] Thu, 02 October 2003 02:20 Go to previous message
Gerald
for user : system the password should be : manager
Previous Topic: how to read password ?
Next Topic: User security questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:00:16 CDT 2024