Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to make a calendar!
how to make a calendar! [message #81585] Tue, 04 March 2003 08:44 Go to next message
kim
Hello,
I have read the messages below about making a calendar but am still unsure of how to go about doing this. I have the STNDRD20.OLB file, but I don't know where to put it or what to do with it! What comes next? I am new at this, if someone could give me a hand I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81586 is a reply to message #81585] Tue, 04 March 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Kim, I was the one that posted the original message & now have a fully working pop-up calendar. This morning i email someone detailing instructions on how i achieved this, but dont seem to have not kept a copy. I have therefore just requested he sends the email back to me & upon receipt i will update this message. Hoepfully it wont take to long.
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81591 is a reply to message #81585] Tue, 04 March 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim
i will wait for your post... thank you very much!
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81616 is a reply to message #81591] Thu, 06 March 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Kim, the person that i recently help has not got back to me (how rude). So if you can bear with me i will TRY & knock something up explaining how to impliment the calendar later today.
Stuart (UK)
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81618 is a reply to message #81616] Thu, 06 March 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim
thank you stuart! i appreciate your help.
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81621 is a reply to message #81616] Thu, 06 March 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Kim, As requested...

You will need to files
1) stndrd.olb
2) calendar.pll
1) From within forms open the file stndrd.old via file, open. This will add the item "standards" to the object navigator/object libraries section. This will now always appear in the object navigator.

2) Next open theform that you wish the calendar to be on.

3) Expand the "library tabs" section of the "standards" item in "object libraries" to reveal 5 items, inc. "components". Right click on "components" & select "object libraries" from the menu that appears.

4) From the box that appears select the component "calendar" and drag it to the form you wish it to be added to within the "object navigator". It will then ask whether you want to "sub-class" or "copy". Select copy, or the form with the calendar will not work on PC's that does not have the standards item added. Copying will add all required bits you need for the calendar.

5) Next open the "calendar.pll" file & this will add a "calendar" item to the "pl/sql libraries" section on the "object navigator". Select the "program unit" section and drag it up to the "programs unit" sectino of your form. This will add 2 items to the "programs unit" section (date_lov - package spec & date lov -package body).

6) Next on my form i added a button to call the calender with a "when_button_pressed" trigger & added this code.
DATE_LOV.GET_DATE
(NVL(:BLOCK.ITEM, SYSDATE),
'BLOCK.ITEM',
200, 100,
'SELECT DATE',
'OK','CANCEL',
TRUE, FALSE, FALSE);
The block.item is where you want the date to be inserted into via the calendar user interaction.

I hope this helps, if you have any probs, just ask and i will try & help.

Stu (UK)
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81623 is a reply to message #81621] Thu, 06 March 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim
thanks so much stu! it worked perfectly the first time.
is there a way i can position the popup?
kim
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81633 is a reply to message #81621] Fri, 07 March 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Kim, sorry i cant answer that one. You may want to try adjusting the numerical values in the code to see what they do, i feel they may be the x & y coordinates.

Good luck,

Stu :o)
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81637 is a reply to message #81621] Fri, 07 March 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim
thanks again, i really appreciate it. :)
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #81801 is a reply to message #81585] Mon, 24 March 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utsav
Hi Kim,

The help with forms is very useful, u should read it. Anyway here are the steps,

1.From the Components page of the STNDRD20.OLB object library, copy or subclass the Calendar object group.

2 Attach the PL/SQL library CALENDAR.PLL, which contains the Date_LOV package, to your module.

3 Create a Key-Listval trigger on the date item for which you would like to use the Date List of Values window. Add code to display the calendar using the Date_LOV package.

4 If you want the end user to be able to close the Date List of Values window by clicking on the window close button in the title bar, create a form level When-Window-Closed trigger

use it, in case of problems contact me
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #82700 is a reply to message #81621] Tue, 24 June 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fathi
Hi
How to select date form calendar in order to insert it in the field Block.item.
Your answer is appreciated
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #84259 is a reply to message #81621] Sat, 21 February 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fouzia
after applicate all steps who you have explain
when i execute my form I have this message (date_choosen not declared)
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #155886 is a reply to message #84259] Thu, 19 January 2006 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmhk
fouzia wrote on Sat, 21 February 2004 04:37

after applicate all steps who you have explain
when i execute my form I have this message (date_choosen not declared)

I need to date_choosen procedure
this my mail
m_h_k2001@hotmail.com
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #155942 is a reply to message #155886] Thu, 19 January 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you looked at the 'Calendar' code that is available as a download from the Oracle Forms website?

David
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #161763 is a reply to message #81621] Tue, 07 March 2006 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhtar0019
I am thanking god to find a solution how to make a calendar
in a Form but pls help me about how can i get the files
calendar.pll and stndrd.olb pls if any one can help me.

best regards
Akhtar
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #161774 is a reply to message #161763] Tue, 07 March 2006 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Did you read the previous reply? David gave you a golden tip: take a look at the 'Calendar' code that is available as a download from the Oracle Forms website. But hey, don't search for it yourself, allow me to give you a direct link:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/6idemos.html

MHE
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #161886 is a reply to message #81585] Tue, 07 March 2006 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
I believe the date_choosen error message is the result of a bug in the standard calendar object import.

Add a program unit procedure named DATE_CHOOSEN and copy this code into it:
PROCEDURE date_choosen IS
BEGIN
   copy(to_char(date_lov.current_lov_date,'dd-mon-yyyy'), date_lov.date_lov_return_item);
   go_item(date_lov.date_lov_return_item);
   if date_lov.lov_auto_skip = TRUE then
      next_item;
   end if;
END;

Parameters for the Date_LOV.Get_Date are as follows:
date_lov.get_date(initial date,
return block.item,
window x position,
window y position,
window title,
ok button label,
cancel button label,
highlight weekend days,
autoconfirm selection,
autoskip after selection);
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #304464 is a reply to message #81585] Wed, 05 March 2008 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shanawany
double click on the olb it will open in the form it will open in the object library expand it and u will find library tabs expand it and u will find some items double click on any one of them it will open a window drag these items in the form
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #304609 is a reply to message #304464] Wed, 05 March 2008 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This is Ahmed's first post.

Any complaints that he has replied to a 2 year old entry will be deleted.

Ahmed, please read the sticky at the top of this forum and use more punctuation in future posts.

David
icon8.gif  Re: how to make a calendar! [message #471599 is a reply to message #81621] Mon, 16 August 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iamdbest_joy
hi stuart ,

i have followed your instructions regarding the calendar application. But the application is working only for the first time. When i am clicking the 'OK' button in the calendar and when i am again pressing the 'Press' button the calendar is not popping up. what can i do to reuse the calendar??Please help
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #472507 is a reply to message #471599] Sat, 21 August 2010 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vivek04540
hi stuart,
need some help setting a calendar to a field in a standard form without using a template builder.The above told steps by kim does it work for standard forms .Cause i have tried till step 3 but as told in step 4 i cannot drage the calendar component to my form can u please help me with that
this is vivek

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2010 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to make a calendar! [message #604920 is a reply to message #155942] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Hi Djmartin,Happy new year

I attached calendar successful and it was working .Instantly ,all fields started displaying error
IDENTIFIER 'DATE_LOV.GET_DATE' MUST BE DECLARED.I dont know what caused this but it was working Ok.

Please help,I'm using window 7 ultmate,Form 6i on 10G database.
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #604921 is a reply to message #604920] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you connect to the database before doing what you are doing?

What changed on your computer since the last time it worked correctly? Did you install any new software?
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #604924 is a reply to message #604921] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Hi little foot.

Nothing new has been installed ever since it worked correctly.Yes I'm connected to the database.
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #604927 is a reply to message #604924] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The error you get ("IDENTIFIER 'DATE_LOV.GET_DATE' MUST BE DECLARED") appears when, for example, you run Forms Builder, open a form, open one of its triggers and try to compile it without connecting to the database first.

Try to recompile the form (Ctrl + Shift + K), maybe it'll help.
Re: how to make a calendar! [message #639979 is a reply to message #81621] Tue, 21 July 2015 02:06 Go to previous message
er.surana
hey i follow all this step but getting error to declare date_lov.get_date
any solution
Previous Topic: Which Trigger?
Next Topic: relation master-detail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:00:28 CDT 2024