Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms (Developer 6i)
Oracle Forms (Developer 6i) [message #80052] Wed, 07 August 2002 13:49 Go to next message
Eddie
I'm having trouble creating a trigger that inserts the current date (sysdate)automatically when I scroll past the last record, into an empty set of fields. I've tried the WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE & KEY-SCRDOWN triggers with the following PL/SQL code-> :WHSVIST.WHSVIST_DATE := sysdate;
to no avail.

I'm also having a little trouble doing calculations from within forms. I'm trying to multiply a qty item with a price item (in different data blocks) and have the product displayed along with other database records. I've enabled the formular calculation mode in the property palette and entered the following formular-> :WHSSTDR.WHSSTDR_QTY * :WHSDRUG.WHSDRUG_COST
where WHSSTDR & WHSDRUG are the datablocks/underlying tables. Nothing shows up as the result/product, on the form.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eddie.
Re: Oracle Forms (Developer 6i) [message #80053 is a reply to message #80052] Wed, 07 August 2002 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram kumar
hi,
to assign sysdate automatially do one thing
when create record block level tigger
:WHSVIST.WHSVIST_DATE := sysdate
thats solve the first problem

for second problem yount use formula column based on items in diff blocks as you specified
the best way to do is
to get product do it in post query....of the block
and when validdate item...
update me if u have any probs in doing it
Re: Oracle Forms (Developer 6i) [message #80066 is a reply to message #80052] Thu, 08 August 2002 01:39 Go to previous message
Tejpal Saraswat
Hi Eddie
for ur 1st problem better u put the code in Pre-Insert trigger on the block level like :Block_name.Column_name := sysdate

for ur 2ns problem better u put the fromula in the apropriate trigger like When-New-Record-Instance or like so u can try with using the bind variables.

best regds
Tej
Previous Topic: Re: Developer and ORA_FFI
Next Topic: Forms Web Icons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 17:32:57 CDT 2024