Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » About Oracle Forms9i
About Oracle Forms9i [message #79703] Wed, 03 July 2002 06:51 Go to next message
Swamy
Hi,
I am working on a new project. Presently I have Forms6i (Version 6.0.8.11.3 – is this 6i?) and Oracle Designer 6i on my machine. We recently bought SUN 280R, SUN 3800 and Oracle 9iAS Enterprise Edition. The DBA is working to install Oracle 9i database. I heard that Oracle released Forms 9i. If I go to Oracle site, I can see about Oracle Forms Release 9i and it talks about Oracle9iDS Forms Developer, Oracle9iAS Forms Services. This confuses me. Is Oracle9iDS Forms Developer and Oracle Forms 9i is one and the same? What is Oracle9iAS Forms Services? Is this one same that comes with Oracle 9iAS Enterprise Edition? I used to work on Forms 4.5 and Forms6i. Are there any new things I need to learn if I need to work on Forms9i? That means other than PL/SQL. Are there any plus points that I can show to my department so that they can purchase Forms9i? Finally, I would like to know, whether Oracle released Forms6i or not? Also, Is there any latest version on Reports? I appreciate in advance for your help.
Re: About Oracle Forms9i [message #79706 is a reply to message #79703] Wed, 03 July 2002 18:07 Go to previous message
aditya
Hi Swamy,
Oracle9i Forms Developer enables business developers to build Web applications that are optimized for the Internet without writing any Java code.

Oracle9iAS Forms Services is an optimized framework for deploying Oracle Forms applications to a multi-tiered environment. Oracle9iAS Forms Services delivers out-of-the-box functionality and native services to ensure that forms applications automatically scale and perform over any network. Oracle9iAS Forms Services allows organizations to re-deploy existing applications to the Internet without changing the application code.

Reference: Oracle.com.

I hope this helps. I guess u must have gone thru this.
aditya
Previous Topic: urgent!!!post-text-item trigger....
Next Topic: How to show status bar while the form is running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:00:15 CDT 2024