Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » is it possible to query a database using forms_dll???
is it possible to query a database using forms_dll??? [message #79548] Thu, 20 June 2002 22:36 Go to next message
Y.A.D.V
Hi All,

my_stmt := 'SELECT eno,ename,joindate from tmp into('||(:blk1.item1)||','||''''||(:blk1.item2)||''''||','||''''||(:blk1.item)||')';
forms_dll(my_stmt);

is it pssible to retrieve data from database using select statement in forms_dll??..
please help me out to solve this problem..
Re: is it possible to query a database using forms_dll??? [message #79559 is a reply to message #79548] Fri, 21 June 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N
Hi,
I'm really not sure at this point in time. May I ask why you wish to use this method over (much simpler) cursors ?

n.
Re: is it possible to query a database using forms_dll??? [message #79573 is a reply to message #79559] Sat, 22 June 2002 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d
hi n
using forms_ddl we created, updated the data but could not select ,Is it Possible to select data from the database using forms_ddl
pls reply soon.....
Re: is it possible to query a database using forms_dll??? [message #79591 is a reply to message #79573] Mon, 24 June 2002 04:25 Go to previous message
N
hi d,
well I have tried this myself, although i must admit i did not expect much because forms_ddl is a Data Def function eg, update, create,
SELECT is a DML Data Manipulation lang. Do you only need to populate the form with data, or are you just experimenting with FORMS_DDL. Exactly what are you trying to achieve here please, I'm rather curious ?

arios,
n.
Previous Topic: Menu bar problem in forms 6
Next Topic: Reg clear block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:18:49 CDT 2024