Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Question on D2K installation
Question on D2K installation [message #79390] Wed, 05 June 2002 21:12 Go to next message
Raymond
Dear All,

I have been using D2K which is installed om my Windows NT Workstation. My question is, is it possible to install D2K on a WinNT server which is in the LAN, and have my application in the same, so that I need not install D2K and my application on each and every node/workstation. I want a single installation of D2K and the application which can be accesses by all users in the network.

Thanks in advance
Re: Question on D2K installation [message #79401 is a reply to message #79390] Thu, 06 June 2002 14:24 Go to previous message
Tyler
The way to do this is, if you only want the other workstations to run the application (not to be developing) you have to install runtime on each workstation and then just put the application that you want them to run into your shared drive or whatever and make a shortcut to the desktop on the workstations and in the target of the shortcut properties, in front of the file name that it's pointing to, type in the path to the bin/ifrun60.exe, so that it uses runtime when opening the app.

You can't run forms applications from a workstation that doesn't have Runtime though.

Hope this isn't to confusing and helps...

T
Previous Topic: Calling a Word document in dev2000(forms 6)
Next Topic: Re: Developer 2000 install on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:09:07 CDT 2024