Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem with text item of forms 6 Immediate help reqd
Problem with text item of forms 6 Immediate help reqd [message #78587] Mon, 04 March 2002 19:28 Go to next message
Taran
Hi

I am having two problems in text item in forms 6

1) When I write something in the text item at runtime and there is space in the text e.g. word is "word pad" the upto 'd' of word it write and after that I press space bar for one space to write 'pad'
then cursor comes to first position i.e. before 'w'.But if I immediately write 'p' of pad then it sometimes write...
This problem is affecting my project completion...

2) I have made a stack canvas and there are two text items for filling the date..I have given the format mask Now when I write date as 03-04-2000 ,it writes upto 03-04-20 and after that it automatically converts date to 03-04-0020 without waiting for my input..

Please help me in solving these problems as soon as possible
Thanx in advance
Taran
Re: Problem with text item of forms 6 Immediate help reqd [message #78594 is a reply to message #78587] Tue, 05 March 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
have u got any timer, which is doing any processing ?

i tried to reproduce the problem here, but i could not.
can u send a simple test case , reproducing the problem.i am using 6i.
Re: Problem with text item of forms 6 Immediate help reqd [message #78624 is a reply to message #78594] Wed, 06 March 2002 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taran
First of all thanx a lot as the timer I used was the cause of problem..
I have used the timer to display time on the form which is set to 1000 ms . So it was creating problem but can u explain why this timer is causing problem with text item cursor position...Or there is any other alternative to display time as I have given query to select sysdate from dual in when timer expired...
Now I have omitted the seconds part of time in form and increased the timer expire time to 60000 i.e. each minute
Will be in touch with u in future also
Bye
Taran
Re: Problem with text item of forms 6 Immediate help reqd [message #78630 is a reply to message #78624] Wed, 06 March 2002 05:17 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
when ur timer is expiring , u r selecting sysdate from the dual and perhaps writing to some text item. i think the control is moving out of the current item to somewhere else and at that point of time the defualt validate item(e.g. formating of that text) and it is causing problem.

it is a guess, it is very difficult to say without looking at ur code.

however glad to hear that ur problem is solved

cheers
Previous Topic: Cannot get this to compile in Reports
Next Topic: time problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:31:07 CDT 2024