Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » unable to connect oracle personnel edition and form 6
unable to connect oracle personnel edition and form 6 [message #77603] Tue, 16 October 2001 23:47 Go to next message
Srini
i have oracle personnel edition 8.6.0 installed in c:oracle and forms in c:dev.
i unable to connect forms and oracle..
says TNS unsolved error..
i have tried using net easy config...
urs
srini

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: unable to connect oracle personnel edition and form 6 [message #77611 is a reply to message #77603] Sun, 21 October 2001 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Myrna
Seems like same problem. I am on a DSL and trying to connect to my school. My tnsnames.ora is the same as others who are successful. I am in a W2000 Professional environment. Please let me know how you resolved the issue.

Thank you,
Myrna

Re: unable to connect oracle personnel edition and form 6 [message #77618 is a reply to message #77603] Mon, 22 October 2001 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daizi
Hi Srini
I a also facing the same problem. IF u find some solution, pl. let me know also.

Regards
Daisy

Re: unable to connect oracle personnel edition and form 6 [message #77624 is a reply to message #77603] Tue, 23 October 2001 07:44 Go to previous message
Murali
Well i faced the same problem before. But later i sorted it out. First thing after installing both the developer and personal oracle is that you have to check if the PO is working fine. it should work as they have a started database with it. If both of them are installed in same machince and if its a standlone one, then open the oracle 8 easy config, and then add a service with bequeth database and the sid. then try for test the service. it shoudl work. So when you are connecting to PO then you just enter the username and password. But when you are connecting to the developer then enter the service name whichi you gave while oracle easy config(bequeth). thats the host string and you will get connected. hope this helps you all.

Previous Topic: Re: Printing Forms
Next Topic: Sending Mail To Groupwise nia form 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:22:30 CDT 2024