Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU.
What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #76762] Tue, 15 July 2003 16:42 Go to next message
scott
Hello,

I installed Oracle9i (database), Oracle 9iAS, and finally Oracle9i CM-SDK. About a week or ten days after installing everything my machine (which is running Win2K-Pro), it started acting sluggish. For a 2.4 GHz Pentium IV with 1GB RAM, I thought this very odd. I checked the Task Manager and a process called nmupm.exe was consuming 90-99% of CPU. Searching the machine, I found the executable sitting in: c:oracle9iASbinnmupm.exe

If I just leave it alone, it hogs max CPU (95% or more) for as long as the machine is running (I have left it running for over 48 hours).

To make the machine usable, I just renamed the file (nmupm.exe.kill), then restarted the machine. The executable, naturally, does not start and almost everything else works fine. The only thing that fails to work is that the App Server's Enterprise Manager fails to display CPU usage and Memory Usage pie-charts. Instead I get an error message "The underlying data for the CPU/Memory usage chart is unavailable." This makes me suspect that it has something to do with the CPU/Memory Monitoring.

Can anyon tell me what this thing is?
What is it doing?
How can I rein it in and regulate its CPU usage?

Thanks,
Scott
Re: What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #76770 is a reply to message #76762] Thu, 24 July 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Messner
Have you install the .NET framework on your computer, if so it is a known issue that this will cause Oracle to take 99% of the processors resources.
Re: What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #76977 is a reply to message #76762] Sun, 02 May 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georg Haefele
I have the same problem with the 10g database on windows. nmupm.exe eats my memory and hangs or blocks some system programs as Internet Explorer.
After deleting the database (not the oracle software) everything was ok. Then I tried to start nmupm.exe as a standalone program (nmupm.exe diskactivity) and I had the old problem again.
nmupm.exe seems to gather some system information.

I too have installed the .Net-Framework on my computer.
Re: What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #76999 is a reply to message #76977] Sun, 23 May 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rebel J
This must be a very new one! I just installed Oracle 10g about a week ago and my "super computer" becomes a slow grinding machine! When I stop some services from the control panel, performance improves but I've not been able to zero in on which one helps the most.

For sure I know that stopping the Oracle database services does help a lot but I also observed that stopping the McAfee virus scan service does about the same thing (don't go that way if you don't want your PC to be infected).

And one last observation - my diskette drive light comes on after every approx. 20secs when this file runs. So I'm really suspecting that this nmupm.exe has something to do with some system checks but it does take a lot of CPU time.

Can anyone help please?
Re: What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #77106 is a reply to message #76762] Thu, 02 September 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vorsystemteam
We've follwed the tip of Scott to rename the nmupm.exe in something not executable.
Now the CPU has much more time for normal duty. System W2K / 9iAS works fine and stable. We are living best without the charts.
THX to Scott.
Re: What is nmump.exe? It's grabbing my entire CPU. [message #77273 is a reply to message #76999] Wed, 12 January 2005 03:50 Go to previous message
mertkutlug
I have using Oracle 9i and I have a problem with nmupm.exe Ýt takes lots of CPU from my Computer what can I do? How Can I destroy it and it can't be come back again?
thanks for your help;
Previous Topic: publish the application
Next Topic: Build a webpage connectivity with oracle database using jsp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:14:57 CDT 2024