Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » connect from Oracle-SErver to Oracle-Client through a firewall
connect from Oracle-SErver to Oracle-Client through a firewall [message #76758] Mon, 07 July 2003 10:31
Jochen Edele
Hi everybody,

we would like to realize an access from the internet to specific data on our internal Oracle-DB-server.
We want to use a web-server which is between to firewalls : 1) from the internet to the web server and 2) from the web server to the DB server within the LAN.

My Problem is, that the 2nd firewall is closed for an external access from the web server to the DB server. That is an internal restriction in our company.
So all the solution I found until now won't work for me. Using e.g. Oracle Connection Manager, set MTS ports in the firewall, the features of the firewall ... is not allowed for me.

I'm looking for a way to connect to the web server from the DB server. Connecting from inside the LAN to an external web server is allowed. The connecting should be online until it is cut from the DB server.

Does anybody have an idea, how I can make this.

Regards,
Jochen
Previous Topic: Problem using Jinitiator
Next Topic: Forms App or Java App?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:00:39 CDT 2024