Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » How do I dynamically change listbox in HTML in PLSQL web application
How do I dynamically change listbox in HTML in PLSQL web application [message #76523] Mon, 21 October 2002 14:28 Go to next message
Prapoorna
Hi,

I'm developing a PLSQL web application(PLSQL, HTML and Javascript). Its basically like a search engine. I have 2 html drop-down list boxes and when submit button is clikced a PLSQL procedure is being called which displays the results.

Before the Submit button is clicked I want to do the following:
I populated the first list box with data from table by writing a cursor.
What I want to do next is the second list box should change dynamically depending on the value selected in the first list box.

I think this would require me to write another cursor for the second list box to select data from table where value = value selected in the first list box.

My question is how can I write where clause in the cursor since the right hand side is a javascript/html variable.

Is there a way where I can assign Javascript variable to a PLSQL variable so that I can define the cursor or is there any other solution to this... How do I go about doing this...

Appreciate your help.
Prapoorna.
Re: How do I dynamically change listbox in HTML in PLSQL web application [message #76526 is a reply to message #76523] Wed, 23 October 2002 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rene
If you want to make the change on the second list box on the client (using javascript) without a trip back to the database server: For an example I would recommend you look at the patch download site of metalink. Goto http://metalink.oracle.com, log in and click on patches. You will see that when you change the Product Family value the list items in the Product list change dynamicaly. good luck.

If you want to make the change on th second list box with a trip back to the database server: For an example goto mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/)and look at the code when the user changes the country.
Re: How do I dynamically change listbox in HTML in PLSQL web application [message #76535 is a reply to message #76523] Mon, 04 November 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Golasa Taheri
Hi,
You can see http://asktom.oracle.com,then
click "Search/Archives" tab and type "Dependent drop down lists in Pl/SQL cartridge" on text box to search,...the question could help you
Re: How do I dynamically change listbox in HTML in PLSQL web application [message #77198 is a reply to message #76523] Fri, 05 November 2004 23:37 Go to previous message
Shanmugasundaram
When click the one from one list box and then automaically change another list box .This process are run in the run time.
Previous Topic: about the complex sql of jdbc
Next Topic: Multiple report servers on a single report server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:07 CDT 2024