Home » Server Options » Replication » How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i?
How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i? [message #75490] Tue, 06 April 2004 01:57 Go to next message
Dionisis
I have already installed Oracle 9i Server.

I want to communicate with an other Oracle 9i db to view some tables and I can't find a way to install/use the Replication Manager.

Any help is acceptable.

Thanks.  
Re: How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i? [message #75495 is a reply to message #75490] Tue, 13 April 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pardhu
Oracle replication has been around for quite some time and has become a mature, feature-rich environment to satisfy widely dispersed processing requirements. Replication was first introduced as a way to allow Oracle tables or subsets of tables to be available locally on widely separated database servers. This was accomplished via the use of snapshots (point-in-time copies) of required tables that were copied from a master server to one or more remote slave servers. The snapshot technique was particularly effective for relatively static tables that did not require frequent refresh operations to be kept in sync with the master tables. Read-only applications benefited from the use of snapshots since wide-area network transmission time was eliminated, significantly improving performance.

Snapshots are now more commonly known as materialized views, and while the creation of remote materialized views of master tables is still a common use of replication, the technology has matured significantly, supporting a much broader spectrum of database objects. I'll discuss the snapshot method and then explore more advanced techniques.

The complete press release is available at http://builder.com.com/5100-6388_14-5121411.html .
Re: How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i? [message #75500 is a reply to message #75490] Tue, 18 May 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maeen
i just want to know how to install the replication manager in oracle 9i
Re: How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i? [message #75518 is a reply to message #75490] Wed, 07 July 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murali
I want to communicate with an other Oracle 9i db to view some tables and I can't find a way to install/use the Replication Manager.
Pls do Help...
Re: How to install Replication Manager in Oracle 9i? [message #75544 is a reply to message #75495] Fri, 10 September 2004 20:29 Go to previous message
surendra kondhalkar
Oracle replication has been around for quite some time and has become a mature, feature-rich environment to satisfy widely dispersed processing requirements. Replication was first introduced as a way to allow Oracle tables or subsets of tables to be available locally on widely separated database servers. This was accomplished via the use of snapshots (point-in-time copies) of required tables that were copied from a master server to one or more remote slave servers. The snapshot technique was particularly effective for relatively static tables that did not require frequent refresh operations to be kept in sync with the master tables. Read-only applications benefited from the use of snapshots since wide-area network transmission time was eliminated, significantly improving performance.

Snapshots are now more commonly known as materialized views, and while the creation of remote materialized views of master tables is still a common use of replication, the technology has matured significantly, supporting a much broader spectrum of database objects. I'll discuss the snapshot method and then explore more advanced techniques.

The complete press release is available at http://builder.com.com/5100-6388_14-5121411.html
Previous Topic: Transaction Calls
Next Topic: What is Oracle's engine native Master
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:14:16 CDT 2024