Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Installing oracle 9i on HP cluster
Installing oracle 9i on HP cluster [message #74939] Sat, 27 November 2004 20:33 Go to next message
Tarik
We are currently runnig a cluster env of two HP-UX boxes(two nodes). these boxes have their own disks as well as they share a disk array.

We want to install oracle 9i on these boxes. the idea is if the primary box goes down, the other box would pick up and run oracle instances.  form the unix level, the cluster is working fine. now what is the best way to achieve this from oracle prospective??
Re: Installing oracle 9i on HP cluster [message #74940 is a reply to message #74939] Sun, 28 November 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

For your requirement Oracle RAC is the best solution. But to install RAC the OS level cluster is not required. Oracle has its own cluster software which you can have in RAC bundle. Follow any installation guide and install the cluster software as well as database software and you would be out of that problem.

Best of Luck.
Daljit Singh.
Re: Installing oracle 9i on HP cluster [message #74946 is a reply to message #74940] Wed, 08 December 2004 03:51 Go to previous message
Didier LENQUETTE
Hi !

I recommend you a cross configuration:
- on primary box, install the production database
- on secondary box, install the dataguard database (stand by)

If a problem occurs then
first try to mount the production db by mounting the shared disk (dismount from primary first)
If you can not, then mount your stand by db (also called data guard) that is already mounted on the secondary.

I think it is a 2 level security belt.
Previous Topic: Flashback database on
Next Topic: Oracle RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:48:00 CDT 2024