Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Importing database table schema without data
Importing database table schema without data [message #69473] Mon, 14 January 2002 09:50 Go to next message
Hector M. Villarreal
I am interested in just exporting the schema for a database owner. So I run exp with the following parameters as user sys:
buffer = 1024000
rows = N
compress = Y
full = Y
Then when I create a test database with small tablespaces and try to import one of the tables for an owner called kana_admin as follows:
imp full=n ignore=y tables=customer_queue fromuser=kana_admin touser= hector

Then I get the error:
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace CRM_TABLES
How do you override this problem? Does this mean I have to create the exact same tablespace sizes?
This seems very lacking in imp/exp if this is the case. I only want to import the schema (or in this example an empty table and its indexes, etc.
Appreciate any input on this.
Thanks

imp
Re: Importing database table schema without data [message #69474 is a reply to message #69473] Mon, 14 January 2002 10:14 Go to previous message
billh
Hi Hector,

The output of an export is really just a file. YOu can actually look at it through an editor. Anyway, the compress option says to compress all of the data into one extent, so the create table stmts in the output file may have large extent sizes. Take the compress out of the export and try again. If this fails edit the output (I'm sure this isn't recommended) and make the extent sizes something that your database can handle.
Previous Topic: Re: OCP Exam Papers
Next Topic: redolog files lost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:34:12 CDT 2024