Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » no listener error when internet is enabled
no listener error when internet is enabled [message #67735] Wed, 09 February 2005 17:09 Go to next message
rishank
hi

I'm getting this TNS NO listener when trying to connect to my database when I'm connected to Internet. But when I disable the internet and try to connect it is connecting. After the database is connected I'm enabling my internet and using my oracle reports or TOAD or Discoverer.
Earlier I was not able to connect at all irrespective of the internet connection. I have read all the literature available on this problem and was able to connect to database only by disconnecting from internet.
Can some one help me on this please. Although it is not a serious problem, I find it fussy to disconnect everytime from my net everytime I connect to database.
Thanks in advance.
Re: no listener error when internet is enabled [message #67738 is a reply to message #67735] Mon, 14 February 2005 01:14 Go to previous message
nag raj
here also i am facing the same problem but i find the cause for that problem.

when u want to connect to internet u have to enable ur "internet connection" and this connection will have an IP address. but ur tns listener would be configured with different IP address ( normally it is 127.0.0.1 [[in case of single pc]] or other IP address ). and a system cannot serve to IP addresses at a time so this is the cause for the problem.

so u have to face this problem
if u find a solution then pwd it to me
regaurds
nag raj
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i Connectivity with Client Problem
Next Topic: reg error ORA-12514
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 22:59:52 CDT 2024