Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » connecting oracle 8i client to oracle 8i server
connecting oracle 8i client to oracle 8i server [message #67467] Wed, 11 August 2004 02:50 Go to next message
papa
Hi,

I am very new to oracle and I have few doubts about connecting oracle client to oracle server. My queries are :

1) Is it possible to  install oracle 8i Client on Pentium IV system with win98 OS.

2) Oracle server is installed on windows2000. I would like to know how to connect to oracle server from the client with above mentioned configuration. Sql*net is configured automatically or do I need to make some changes to establish the connection?

Please help me out to solve these issues.

Thanks & Regards,

papa.
Re: connecting oracle 8i client to oracle 8i server [message #67468 is a reply to message #67467] Wed, 11 August 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

1) Yes, you can install oracle client on win98 OS.

2) You have to setup a listener for your database on win2000 machine and a TNS entry on win98 machine to make connection from client to server.

The listener would be automatically configured on your win 2000 machine if you have created the database using DBCA, so just install the oracle client on win98 and configure a TNS using net assistant tool. And after that you would be able to communicate with the oracle server using win 98 client.

Best of Luck
Daljit Singh
Configuring Oracle Clients With Apache Web Server [message #67572 is a reply to message #67468] Wed, 20 October 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pavan
Hey,

I worked with Orcle 8i long time. Once my administer configured Oracle in such a way that
if we type http:\localhostora8isqlplus will give a login screen. From there scott and tiger will give a work sheet in web page format.

Plz let me how to configure it ASAP.

Pavan
Re: connecting oracle 8i client to oracle 8i server [message #67718 is a reply to message #67467] Tue, 25 January 2005 03:12 Go to previous message
T. Vashistar
Hi,

Iam trying to connect Oracle 8i from win2000 Client pc to Win2000 server. i have configured windows 2000 server net assistant as well as i can work in server pc in sql. but from client iam getting error TNS couldn't resolve the service. iam having net service name from server which is created through net assistant. should i have to configure client PC for net assistant

please clear my doubt.
Previous Topic: Insert record to non-Oracle database from Trigger
Next Topic: Help ORA-12545
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 08:02:01 CDT 2024