Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to operate a user's password and change it back
How to operate a user's password and change it back [message #64498] Wed, 02 February 2005 12:51 Go to next message
jack
We installed a software which designated a user. Unfortuantely I forget the user 's password. I want to do something as the user, then change the pasword back in case the application won't work. I have the sysdba privilige. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Jack
Re: How to operate a user's password and change it back [message #64502 is a reply to message #64498] Wed, 02 February 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Kindly ask the user if you can change his/her password. IMHO It is not done to masquerade your actions by becoming a subordinate user.

hth
Re: How to operate a user's password and change it back [message #64505 is a reply to message #64498] Thu, 03 February 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Here's how (thanks to T.Kyte):

How to become another User in SQLPlus

As Frank stated, be careful that this kind of script doesn't get abused.

MHE
Re: How to operate a user's password and change it back [message #64514 is a reply to message #64505] Thu, 03 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous message
jack
Thanks guys. I have got the answer. I can understand your worrying that we are not supposed to change another user's password. My situation is that the pre-DBA has gone. He left nothing for me. I have to pick up the left off work. In order to continue the old task and without password, I have to find ways to by pass.

Jack
Previous Topic: username, password, host string(PL/SQL) of oracle 10g developer suite
Next Topic: Modifying User Profile to lock him after 3 attempts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:16:56 CDT 2024