Home » RDBMS Server » Security » hiding sqlplus password
hiding sqlplus password [message #5622] Tue, 25 February 2003 02:42 Go to next message
A.C.Dey
i have an application developed in d2k where desktop is having an icon to run the application. in the icon property the following command is written:
c:orawin95binifrun60.exe fas.fmx fasuser/faspwd@mclhq
where fas.fmx is the main application form,
fasuser is the user name of fas, faspwd is the password, mclhq is the host string to connect to the database.
if any user right clicks on the icon, the he can see the username and password for fas user. how can i restrict users from seeing this password, so that they can't get sql prompt and change table contents from back end. Is there a way by which I can avoid writing username and password to connect to the sql.
plz help me
thanx in advance
Re: hiding sqlplus password [message #5623 is a reply to message #5622] Tue, 25 February 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avinash Pai
Hi Dey,

U can hide ur password by writing code as

logon('username','password'||'@'||'hoststring');

in the ON-LOGON trigger at form level in ur main application form "fas.fmb"

Here
username = user name of ur database,
password = password,
hoststring = host string to connect to ur database.

I hope this will serve ur purpose.

Best regards,
Avinash Pai
Re: hiding sqlplus password [message #5679 is a reply to message #5622] Thu, 27 February 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Korichi
Just proceed as follows :

sqlplus internal @script_to_run

where "script_to_run" contains "connect myuser/mypass" as the first line

Bye
Re: hiding sqlplus password [message #5681 is a reply to message #5622] Thu, 27 February 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Korichi
Just proceed as follows :

sqlplus /nolog @script_to_run

where "script_to_run" contains "connect myuser/mypass" as the first line

Bye
Re: hiding sqlplus password [message #5690 is a reply to message #5622] Fri, 28 February 2003 02:57 Go to previous message
A.C.Dey
thanx all for providing me the solutions. but what happens when i change the password of my fas user?
is there other way out?
a.c.dey
Previous Topic: Audit Trail
Next Topic: account locked
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:55:03 CDT 2024