Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » BI Publisher: Problem with displaying diacritical marks in report results (OBIEE, 11.1.1.6.6, SLES 11 SP3)
BI Publisher: Problem with displaying diacritical marks in report results [message #659604] Mon, 23 January 2017 17:27 Go to next message
kamillo
Messages: 1
Registered: January 2017
Junior Member
Hello,
I noticed problem with displaying diacritical marks (in my case Polish marks) in report results. For example in place of mark "ś" is displayed ¶, in place of mark "ż" is displayed ¿. How can I resolve this problem? Where can I check character encoding which is currently set in report results in BI Publisher? Is it possible to check it in the web interface of OBIPS or should I check it in one of the config files?

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Best regards,
Kamil
Re: BI Publisher: Problem with displaying diacritical marks in report results [message #659605 is a reply to message #659604] Mon, 23 January 2017 18:24 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Messages: 25748
Registered: January 2009
Location: SoCal
Senior Member
First you need to determine whether you have a data storage problem or a data presentation problem.
If the wrong characters reside within the database, then there is NO way to present them correctly.

so make necessary changes to SQL below to correspond to your actual data then post the SQL & result back here.
SELECT ASCIISTR(POLISH_COL) FROM POLISH_TABLE WHERE ID = 1;
Previous Topic: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template
Next Topic: BI Publisher 11g hide pivot table header
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 15 06:39:56 CST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01682 seconds