Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Clearing a Block with fields Required YES (Forms 6i)
Clearing a Block with fields Required YES [message #657648] Thu, 17 November 2016 02:41 Go to next message
chat2raj.s
Dears,

How to clear a block, which has fields with Required Property as YES ? CLEAR_BLOCK(NO_VALIDATE) forces user to fill all those required items before clearing the block.

Thanks
Re: Clearing a Block with fields Required YES [message #657660 is a reply to message #657648] Thu, 17 November 2016 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Maybe not the best way, but in your forms trigger that does a CLEAR_BLOCK, put a dummy value in each of those fields before the CLEAR_BLOCK.
Re: Clearing a Block with fields Required YES [message #657663 is a reply to message #657660] Fri, 18 November 2016 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you call the CLEAR_BLOCK procedure? Is it in a button's WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger? If so, set button's "keyboard and mouse navigable" properties to "no" and see what happens.
Re: Clearing a Block with fields Required YES [message #657733 is a reply to message #657663] Sat, 19 November 2016 23:55 Go to previous message
chat2raj.s
Yes, i was using a Button to clear the block which was placed in a different block. Later i solved the problem by moving the button to the same block and using the following command in when new form instance, which forces the required validation at record level instead of field level.

SET_FORM_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.CURRENT_FORM,DEFER_REQUIRED_ENFORCEMENT,PROPERTY_TRUE);

I will have to try the suggestion by Littlefoot.
Previous Topic: SHOW_EDITOR PL/SQL Built in Failed
Next Topic: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM for a non-navigable item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:54:18 CDT 2024