Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Change Current schema to other schema (Oracle 11g, windows)
Change Current schema to other schema [message #653749] Mon, 18 July 2016 03:31 Go to next message
Vijay55
Hi All,

I would need your help one of my requirement. i'm trying to connect to APPS schema from my current schema(MySChema) to access few objects in it.(I don't want to use grant privileage here).

The below code that i have written is not helping me to achieve my requirement.
set serveroutput on;
declare
l_query clob;
l_count number;
l_user varchar2(200);
begin

select user into l_user from dual;
dbms_output.put_line(l_user);
execute immediate 'ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA =APPS';

select user into l_user from dual;
dbms_output.put_line(l_user);
--l_query:='select count(*) from CDR_W520_2897CC0E.T681036830';
--execute immediate l_query into l_count;
dbms_output.put_line('count is='||l_count);
EXCEPTION 
  when others 
    then dbms_output.put_line('EXCEPTION is='||l_count);
end;
/
show errors

Output:
--------
anonymous block completed

MySchema
MySchema
count is=

No Errors.

After performing
execute immediate 'ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA =APPS';

my current session is still in MySchema only. How to change this into APPS schema.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: Change Current schema to other schema [message #653750 is a reply to message #653749] Mon, 18 July 2016 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I think you are checking the wrong variable:
rclz>
orclz> conn scott/tiger
Connected.
orclz> select sys_context('userenv','current_schema') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CURRENT_SCHEMA')
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCOTT

orclz> alter session set current_schema=system;

Session altered.

orclz> select sys_context('userenv','current_schema') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CURRENT_SCHEMA')
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM

orclz> select sys_context('userenv','current_user') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CURRENT_USER')
SCOTT

orclz>
Re: Change Current schema to other schema [message #653751 is a reply to message #653749] Mon, 18 July 2016 03:54 Go to previous message
flyboy
You have two options: CONNECT as a required user (not possible in a procedure) or GRANT the necessary privileges to MYSCHEMA.

CURRENT_SCHEMA session parameter only allows to use objects from the specified schema without the necessity of qualifying its name.
It does not change the current privileges, as documented for 11gR2 here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e41084/statements_2013.htm#SQLRF53047

Your attempt seems like the try of breaking of security principles - accessing the objects to which you are not privileged.

Or, if the procedure is called from APPS schema, have a look at the setting of Invoker's/Definer's rights (AUTHID Property).
More details are also in the documentation: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25519/subprograms.htm#i18574

By the way, what is CDR_W520_2897CC0E.T681036830? Does it have any relation to APPS schema?
Previous Topic: Table joining
Next Topic: transposing of data in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:21:59 CDT 2024