Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Creating form based on a view (Forms Developer 10g)
Creating form based on a view [message #649582] Thu, 31 March 2016 06:11 Go to next message
adit102
Hi,
I am working on creating custom form based on a database view. The view is returning records in the database, but no records are being fetched in the form.
I have given execute_query at when-new-form-instance trigger, but form only shows error saying Query caused no records to be retrieved.

Where else do I have to add execute_query other than when-new-form-instance trigger?

Thanks,
Aditya
Re: Creating form based on a view [message #649583 is a reply to message #649582] Thu, 31 March 2016 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Generally speaking, that *should* work.

Here are some situations where it won't work:
  • you aren't connected to the same user
  • you applied WHERE clause to data block (based on a view) which prevents records to be fetched
  • data block (based on a view) is not the first block in a form, so EXECUTE_QUERY tries to fetch records from another source (which is empty)

What happens if you navigate to that block and execute query manually?
Re: Creating form based on a view [message #649610 is a reply to message #649582] Thu, 31 March 2016 23:30 Go to previous message
azamkhan
I think you should also check your query where clause.
Previous Topic: Using DDE.request in UTF8 characters
Next Topic: Unable to connect to database via Forms builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:40:49 CDT 2024