Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Java Calendar (win 7 Oracle Form 11g)
Java Calendar [message #646925] Thu, 14 January 2016 15:52 Go to next message
shery1995
Hi All

I have downloaded the calendar file from Craig's Oracle Stuff. Although, Forms date picker shows the calendar on button click, however, Java date picker does not show the Java calendar. I can't get my head around it, despite of everything. Here is my formsweb.cfg extract if someone can help I will be much appreciated. I could not find (archive_jini) in the above mentioned file.

serverApp=default
# Forms applet archive setting for other clients (Sun Java Plugin, Appletviewer, etc)
archive=frmall.jar,FJCalendar.jar,jcalendar-1.3.2.jar,looks-2.0.1.jar
# Number of times client should retry if a network failure occurs. You should
# only change this after reading the documentation.
networkRetries=0

[webutil]
WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar,FJCalendar.jar,jcalendar-1.3.2.jar,looks-2.0.1.jar
WebUtilLogging=off
WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal
WebUtilErrorMode=Alert
WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5
WebUtilTrustInternal=true
WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384
baseHTML=webutilbase.htm
baseHTMLjpi=webutiljpi.htm
Re: Java Calendar [message #647145 is a reply to message #646925] Wed, 20 January 2016 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
What Java error are you getting? You can find the error in the Java Console. This error should give you a clue as to what is wrong with your setup.

Quote:
I could not find (archive_jini) in the above mentioned file.

The article on Craig's Oracle Stuff is written using Forms 10g. The reference to the "JINI" is to the Oracle Jinititator. Oracle Forms 11g does not support the Jinitiator and does not come with any of the 10g settings for Jinitiator, therefore it makes sense that you can't find this setting.

So, you show use the changes you've made to the formsweb.cfg, what about the changes to the default.env? You have to make these changes as well. Also, which version of Java do you have installed?

Craig...
Re: Java Calendar [message #647153 is a reply to message #647145] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shery1995
Thank you very much for your reply Craig. Changes to default.env are given below. I am not getting any java error message, when I press the "java date" button nothing happens.

Hang on, I have just noticed something which I missed mentioning earlier when I run the form a window pops up and display the following message "java Application Blocked" Application Blocked by Java Security. do you think this might causing the problem? I am using Java Version 8 Update 71 (build 1.80_71-b15.

# CLASSPATH=D:\oracle\Middleware\oracle_FRHome1\forms\java\FJCalendar;
Re: Java Calendar [message #647187 is a reply to message #647153] Thu, 21 January 2016 08:17 Go to previous message
CraigB
Yes, Java 8 is most definitely the problem. Java 8 has higher security than Java 3 - which is what the Calendar Javabean was written in. The biggest issue is the signature on the Javabean. Java 8 doesn't really like "Self-Signed" certificates, its default security settings prefer a "Trusted Authority" signed certificate. Therefore, you can either change your Java security settings to allow the "Self-Signed" jar file or you will need to purchase a digital certificate and re-sign the jar files using this "Trusted" certificate.

Honestly, the easiest thing would be to just use the Forms Calendar instead. In my testing, it was faster than the Java Calendar and it has the same "Look and Feel" as your Forms application.

Craig...
Previous Topic: Tab Pages in Forms
Next Topic: FORMS Page quit while executing query.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:21:36 CDT 2024