Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran
9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran [message #56068] Wed, 05 March 2003 00:12 Go to next message
Praveen Kumar
yes i am using the oui from the CD.Can u pls tell me what do u
mean by "Using right installer".How will i know that i am using
the right one or not,b'coz it come with the cd right..
Re: 9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran [message #56070 is a reply to message #56068] Wed, 05 March 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hllo praveen,
i am sure Mahesh is talking with some specific issues like 8i installation on p4 boxes, 8.1.5 installtion on Linux boxes, where in there are some bugs that will be occured due to Installers..
Hence forth use a Right installer .. :)

sai
Re: 9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran [message #56072 is a reply to message #56068] Wed, 05 March 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen Kumar K
my question is simple i can't install 9i in nt machine which already has 8i installed using a 9i CD.while clicking the universal installer ICON in the cd its giving the error "c:temporainstall..jrew.exe not found in the location".i manually copied the jre files from the stage directory to the temp folder and tried.this time its not giving any error but nothing happens.After that i removing 8i and tried to install 9i..this time the same error as specified above come.
Can any body give a solution for this.As per Mahesh Rajendran ,he says to check wheather the universal installer is the right one..but it comes along with the CD right..then what to check..
Re: 9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran [message #56080 is a reply to message #56068] Wed, 05 March 2003 05:59 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Make sure you dont have a CLASSPATH defined..
and
dump the CD Somehere local in a disk.
look for oraparam.ini( mostly in /install).
there will be relative path provided for JRE_LOCATION.
change that to a complete  FUll Path.
INITIALLY it will be like
JRE_LOCATION=../stage/Components/oracle.swd..........
FULL PATH WILL be
JRE_LOCATION=E:/< Your_CD_DUMP_directory > /stage/Components/oracle.swd........

try the installation again...

Previous Topic: oracle database not available
Next Topic: How to set NLS_LANG parameter in Linux / Solaris
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 08:06:57 CDT 2024