Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form builder trouble (Windows 10)
Form builder trouble [message #645353] Fri, 04 December 2015 03:16 Go to next message
rezachris
Hello every body. I need help from you. I'm trying to open a .frm file with form builder on win 7/10 but it closed itself whereas the same .frm file is opened with Win XP. What is the problem? please! I'm working in Bank system now.

Here is an image illustrating the action

Regards!

Colomb.
Re: Form builder trouble [message #645369 is a reply to message #645353] Fri, 04 December 2015 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
What is your Forms version? No version of Forms is approved/certified for Windows 10 yet, but depending on your version, you should be OK with Windows 7.

When you installed Forms, did you run the installer did you start the installer "As an Administrator" (eg; Right-click Setup.exe and select "Run As Administrator")? If you didn't do this, then you will have to take Ownership of the Forms directory and all of this contents. This can take a lot of time, so it would be simpler to just uninstall and reinstall using the "Administrator" option.

Lastly, when Forms terminates like this, it writes a dump file, which should be in your Forms directory or in the directory where the Forms file (.fmb) is that you were opening. Open and look at this file for an idea of what is causing the Forms Builder to crash.
Re: Form builder trouble [message #645380 is a reply to message #645369] Fri, 04 December 2015 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rezachris
Thank you CraigB. I use Forms 10g, some of forms were compiled with winXp and others with win7. Many of them can be opened in win10 without problem, but some ot them cause a crach of Form builder.

Bref, I don't understand why some forms can be opened but others can't in Form builder.

Forms are well installed using Administrator. And there is no .dmp file in my forms directory. With Win7, we have the same problem, some are opened but others no. But with WinXp, we don't have any problem, all forms can opened in form builder.

Regards!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Form builder trouble [message #645394 is a reply to message #645380] Fri, 04 December 2015 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
On which OS is Forms Builder installed?
Re: Form builder trouble [message #645411 is a reply to message #645394] Sat, 05 December 2015 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rezachris
Form builder is installed on Win7 and Win10. Forms wich cannot be opened on Win10, they cannot on win7 too. But with WinXp, we have no broblem. I don't know if there is some library missed on Win7/10. So, I don't know what is happening.
I need a help, some advice or any thing to do in order to work all forms with Win7/10, please!
Re: Form builder trouble [message #645482 is a reply to message #645411] Mon, 07 December 2015 08:28 Go to previous message
CraigB
First off, Forms 10g is a "Release" not a version. Please state your version (eg: 10.1.2.0.2). For Windows 7 or greater, you need version 10.1.3.x.x. To get this version you must have an Oracle Maintenance agreement so you can download PatchSet 3 for the Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g.

If you don't have a maintenance agreement, then it is suggested that you use Windows XP Mode (which is basically just Microsoft's Windows XP virtual machine). You can download Windows XP Mode for free from Microsoft, but it is only available if you are using the Professional edition of Windows 7. I'm not positive it is available for Windows 10. If it isn't, you can use any Virtual Machine (VM) software to install a Windows XP VM and then run Forms from the VM.

If you don't want to use a VM, you can try running Forms in Compatibility Mode (Right-click the frmbld.exe, select properties -> Compatibility tab -> Compatibility Mode - Run this program in compatibility mode for: <<Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)>>. While in the Compatibility Tab, also check the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox as well. You will need to do this for each ODS application (eg: Forms Builder, Reports Builder, Forms Runtime, etc).

Hope this helps.
Craig...
Previous Topic: frm-41214: unable to run report
Next Topic: How to Print Oracle report on client printer through Form Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:52:04 CDT 2024