Home » Other » General » Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages (iSupplier and EBS 12.1.3, Unix 11.2.0.3.0)
Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633059] Tue, 10 February 2015 09:25 Go to next message
jsweeney
We are currently running iSupplier (POS) with Oracle EBS 12.1.3. We use the iSupplier out of the box external facing pages for supplier registration. The default page timeout for those pages is 30 minutes. We would like to change that timeout to 60 minutes. What we have tried so far is to bounce the applications server, clear system cache, and set the profile option ICX:Session Timeout to 60 minutes for the GUEST user. GUEST is the user used by iSupplier when creating and submitting a supplier registration. I have also tried to set this profile option at the responsibility level, with no success.

Can anyone offer any direction, guidance, suggestions on what we need to do to be able to manage the page timeout on external facing pages. Even if it is not iSupplier-specific, your suggestion may help us.

Thank you.

John Sweeney
Re: Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633085 is a reply to message #633059] Tue, 10 February 2015 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Why so many duplicate posts?
Re: Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633086 is a reply to message #633085] Tue, 10 February 2015 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsweeney
I posted to multiple groups for two reasons:
1) I was not sure which group would be most appropriate to post this to.
2) I believe several of the groups might have knowledge of this issue.

Didn't mean to cause trouble.

John
Re: Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633087 is a reply to message #633086] Tue, 10 February 2015 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

1) This is what "General" is for; if this is not correct we will move the topic to the correct one as I moved all your topics in this one waiting for the answers to know if there would not be a more adequate one.
2) Regulars read (almost) all the forums, so you have not more chances to get an answer in several forums than in one, you just take the risk to irritate those who will read several times the same question.

Re: Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633089 is a reply to message #633059] Tue, 10 February 2015 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Are you sure that the ICX: session timeout is relevant? I thought it applied only to Forms sessions, not to browser sessions. You may need to look at the $APACHE_TOP/Apache/Jserv/etc/zone.properties there is a session.timeout property that may be the one you want. No promises, my EBS memory is fading. Thank heavens.

The life of an Apps DBA is a life of pain.
Re: Controlling session timeouts for external facing iSupplier pages [message #633090 is a reply to message #633089] Tue, 10 February 2015 15:01 Go to previous message
jsweeney
Thank you very much. I will ask our DBA to investigate that.
Previous Topic: Naming convention - schema names
Next Topic: Non-deterministic query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:19:16 CDT 2024