Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Upgrade Forms 6i to Forms 11g (Oracle Forms 11g - Windows)
Upgrade Forms 6i to Forms 11g [message #623712] Fri, 12 September 2014 15:49
akanungo21
Hello,

This may have been discussed several times on forums but so far couldn't find the information I need.

We have been using Forms and Reports 6i for several years and now are in need to upgrade it to the recent Web version of Forms ( 11g). I have a few questions which I will greatly appreaciate if someone can help me with :

1. Does the license we currently have for 6i transferrable to 11g. I understand the license cost of 11g could/would be more than 6i but does Oracle has
any provision of transferring such licenses and charge the customer for the difference in the cost of two licenses. Or it is at the discretion of Oracle.

2. From the various documents/articles I have read on internet it seems like the Forms/Reports 11g license includes the Weblogic Basic license. Is it correct ?

3. The installation document for forms and reports 11g talks about securing forms and reports using one of the methods (identity management, access manager or single sign-on) ? Can anyone explain what does securing forms/reports executables refer to here and is it a separate license for using any of the above methods ?

Thanks,

Aseem
Previous Topic: Oracl Form 10g Graph issue
Next Topic: Oracle Form 10g Plugin issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 06:48:23 CDT 2024