Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Redo geneated high in temp table (oracle 11g, Linux)
Redo geneated high in temp table [message #612545] Mon, 21 April 2014 13:00 Go to next message
sachin99
Hi,

As we know that, GTT is generated more redo logs at some scenario but i need some information about temp table and indexes.

Step 1:

temp table is created with no logging option but its index is created with logging option.
select TABLE_NAME,LOGGING
from dba_tables
where temporary ='Y'
AND table_name like '%GTT_REDO_LOG%';

GTT_REDO_LOG NO

Step 2:

select index_name,logging
from dba_indexes
where table_name in (select TABLE_NAME
from dba_tables
where temporary ='Y'
AND table_name like '%GTT_REDO_LOG%');

GTT_REDO_LOGIDX1 YES

Does it leads problem for redo log size.
How to alter GTT table index for nologging option. i tried and i got unimplement future error.
Is any other way to reduce redo log size in Oracle 11g Exadata?
Re: Redo geneated high in temp table [message #612546 is a reply to message #612545] Mon, 21 April 2014 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>As we know that, GTT is generated more redo logs at some scenario
more when compared to what exactly?

what part of Oracle differentiates between GTT & normal table when it comes to REDO generation?

>Is any other way to reduce redo log size in Oracle 11g Exadata?
reduce amount of DML issued.

your whole premise is wrong & fatally flawed!
Re: Redo geneated high in temp table [message #612547 is a reply to message #612545] Mon, 21 April 2014 13:09 Go to previous message
John Watson
Redo is never generated for global temporary tables or their indexes, but undo is geneated. The redo you see is protecting the changes to the undo segments. When you upgrade to release 12.x, you can enable temporary undo segments and then there will be no redo generated at all.
Previous Topic: what pririvlege is requried to create lob table ?
Next Topic: Centralizing two instances
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:42:39 CDT 2024