Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports Print Object On (Oracle Reports 6i)
Oracle Reports Print Object On [message #583793] Sat, 04 May 2013 03:31 Go to next message
abhishek_510
Hi,

My report looks somewhat like below -

|---------------------------| Frame_M1
||-------------------------|| Repeating_Frame_R1
|| ||
|| Field_F1 ||
||-------------------------||
|---------------------------|

For M1, R1 and F1 I have set print object on All Pages and base printing on Enclosing Object. After running the report, output is only one page and consists of 7 rows. But as per the query it should have fetched 21 rows.

When I have changed print object on property to First Page, it output is 2 pages and consists of all 21 records.

So, why print object on All Pages generating only one page while print object on First Page generating 2 pages?

Could you please help me clarifying this.

Thanks in advance

Abhishek
Re: Oracle Reports Print Object On [message #583815 is a reply to message #583793] Sat, 04 May 2013 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Print condition is described in Reports' Help - have a look. Also, read our What does the Print Condition do.

As of me - I prefer leaving it "as is" (which is default) and ONLY IF it doesn't do what I wanted (which is rare), I change that setting.
Re: Oracle Reports Print Object On [message #583850 is a reply to message #583815] Sun, 05 May 2013 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abhishek_510
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Also, I am sorry that I created the topic in the wrong place. It should have been under "Reports and Discoverer". Please let me know if I can do anything to move it to proper place.

Thanks again,

Abhishek
Re: Oracle Reports Print Object On [message #583859 is a reply to message #583850] Mon, 06 May 2013 03:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'll move it to that forum.

You could have "Reported message to a moderator" (there's a link at the right bottom corner of every message) and ask moderators to move it.
Previous Topic: How to set part of string in bold?
Next Topic: about program units
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:04:28 CDT 2024