Home » Infrastructure » Unix » ORA-06575 During upgrade to Oracle 11g (Oracle 11g, Solaris 10)
ORA-06575 During upgrade to Oracle 11g [message #581159] Tue, 02 April 2013 10:26 Go to next message
ShaV
Hoping somebody here might be able to offer assistance because I've scoured the internet and also can't find anything related to this issue in the Oracle knowledge-base/metalink.

I'm upgrading an Oracle 10.2.0.4 database to Oracle 11.2.0.1 on a Solaris 10 server. I had previously upgraded from Oracle 9 to 10 so I generally understand the process involved here. However when running the dbua I'm getting the below error:

ORA-06575: Package or function UPGRADE_RESOURCE_SCHEMA is in an invalid state

I've gone to the Oracle_Server.log files and I can clearly see where it's happening and also realized it's not really the root cause of the issue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Call the functions defined above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- We do not need to upgrade the config and acl schemas manually from 10.2
-- to 11.0 any more, as we invoke xdb$migrateXMLTable to do this for us
-- Upgrade config schema from the 10102 version
-- call upgrade_config_schema();

--Upgrade acl schema from the 10102 version
-- call upgrade_acl_schema();

--Upgrade dav schema from the 10102 version
-- call upgrade_dav_schema();

-- Upgrade resource schema from the 10102 version
call upgrade_resource_schema();
call upgrade_resource_schema()
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06575: Package or function UPGRADE_RESOURCE_SCHEMA is in an invalid state

So if I follow trace up through the log file I see why the UPGRADE_RESOURCE_SCHEMA procedure is invalid:

Errors for PROCEDURE UPGRADE_RESOURCE_SCHEMA:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
19/7     PL/SQL: Statement ignored
19/7     PLS-00905: object SYS.ADD_TO_RESOURCE_SCHEMA is invalid

Tracing up further I see why ADD_TO_RESOURCE_SCHEMA is invalid:

show errors;
Errors for PROCEDURE ADD_TO_RESOURCE_SCHEMA:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
305/4    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
306/7    PL/SQL: ORA-02315: incorrect number of arguments for default
constructor

309/4    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
310/5    PL/SQL: ORA-02315: incorrect number of arguments for default
constructor

313/4    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
314/7    PL/SQL: ORA-02315: incorrect number of arguments for default
constructor

Here are the relevant lines from ADD_TO_RESOURCE_SCHEMA. I don't understand enough about PL/SQL to know why that's causing a problem but I guess the bigger problem is "Why is the script that oracle itself it running causing errors like that?". Since I'm not seeing anything else about this online I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong but I'm at a dead end as to where to go from here. Hoping somebody in the forum might have an idea.

305     insert into xdb.xdb$simple_type e (e.xmldata) values
306       (XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_T(NULL, schema_ref, 'lockModeType', NULL, XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_DERIVATION_T(NULL, NULL, XDB.XDB$QNAME('00', 'string'), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, XDB.XDB$FACET_LIST_T(XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'exclusive', '00', NULL), XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'shared', '00', NULL)), NULL, NULL), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL))
307      returning ref(e) into lock_mode_type_simple_ref;
309     insert into xdb.xdb$simple_type e (e.xmldata) values
310     (XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_T(NULL, schema_ref, 'lockTypeType', NULL, XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_DERIVATION_T(NULL, NULL, XDB.XDB$QNAME('00', 'string'), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, XDB.XDB$FACET_LIST_T(XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'read-write', '00', NULL), XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'write', '00', NULL), XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'read', '00', NULL)), NULL, NULL), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL))
311      returning ref(e) into lock_type_type_simple_ref;
313     insert into xdb.xdb$simple_type e (e.xmldata) values
314       (XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_T(NULL, schema_ref, 'lockDepthType', NULL, XDB.XDB$SIMPLE_DERIVATION_T(NULL,NULL, XDB.XDB$QNAME('00', 'string'), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, XDB.XDB$FACET_LIST_T(XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, '0', '00', NULL), XDB.XDB$FACET_T(NULL, NULL, 'infinity', '00', NULL)), NULL, NULL), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL))
315      returning ref(e) into lock_depth_type_simple_ref;

Re: ORA-06575 During upgrade to Oracle 11g [message #582492 is a reply to message #581159] Thu, 18 April 2013 14:56 Go to previous message
ShaV
I finally gave up on this upgrade and tried again using 11.2.0.3 and everything worked fine... Strange but it seems to indicate the problem was not something I was doing incorrectly.
Previous Topic: File manipulation & sftp files
Next Topic: removing old files to a new location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:27 CDT 2024