Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Reg DAtabase directory (oracle 10g 10.2.0.4.0)
Reg DAtabase directory [message #577157] Tue, 12 February 2013 22:42 Go to next message
nilesh_pawaskar
Dear All,

On last week we have migrated our oracle database from 9i to 10g throudh imp utility ,but now i have facing one small issue where as nwe have our old live database with us and suppose we have fired "SELECT* FROM V$PARAMETER WHERE NAME LIKE 'utl%'" to check directory name and valus then in output its shown name:-utl_file_dir and valus:-E:\RAB but in our new database its does not shown any value like E:\RAB in migrated database as i have recreated that directory in new database but still that issue persist ,so pls help.
Re: Reg DAtabase directory [message #577158 is a reply to message #577157] Tue, 12 February 2013 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>but still that issue persist ,so pls help.
ISSUE?
What Issue?
I don't see any issue.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: Reg DAtabase directory [message #577161 is a reply to message #577158] Wed, 13 February 2013 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood what you are saying (i.e. in 9i you have had UTL_FILE_DIR which pointed to E:\RAB, but in 10g you don't have it), let me try: documentation says:Quote:

All directories are created in a single namespace and are not owned by an individual schema

For example, I granted CREATE ANY DIRECTORY to user SCOTT.
SQL> show user
USER is "SCOTT"
SQL> create directory test_dir as 'c:\temp';

Directory created.

SQL> select * from all_directories where directory_name = 'TEST_DIR';

OWNER      DIRECTORY_NAME            DIRECTORY_PATH
---------- ------------------------- -------------------------
SYS        TEST_DIR                  c:\temp

SQL>

As you can see, the OWNER isn't SCOTT (although he created that directory) but SYS.

Furthermore, documentation also says (search for "Exporting Directory Aliases") that Quote:

Directory alias definitions are included only in a full database mode Export.
In other words, if you performed any kind of export but full (that would be table or user or tablespace mode), directory alias wasn't exported nor imported.

So, does that make any sense in your case?
Re: Reg DAtabase directory [message #577181 is a reply to message #577161] Wed, 13 February 2013 02:21 Go to previous message
nilesh_pawaskar
Dear Sir,

thank you for your valuable support.
Previous Topic: Multiple errors during impdp
Next Topic: SQL Loader Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:36:23 CDT 2024