Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Oracle files full name residing in OCFS2?
Oracle files full name residing in OCFS2? [message #562828] Mon, 06 August 2012 03:37 Go to next message
swaorclser
Hello Experts,

This may seem a very basic/ stupid question to you, but please take time to answer this.

For RAC with ASM, user can not browse the ASM files. From within NTFS or ext2( for linux) they are not seen.
Similarly, for OCFS2 , are these oracle files not seen through ext2 , linux file system?
Also, for RAC with ASM if I query v$datafile, it returns +diskgroup/dbname/datafile.dbf.
What will be the file name returned for datafiles in OCFS2 by this view?

Thanks for your valuable time and inputs.

Regards,
swaorclser
Re: Oracle files full name residing in OCFS2? [message #562839 is a reply to message #562828] Mon, 06 August 2012 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
What will be the file name returned for datafiles in OCFS2 by this view?
Whatever file name you specified when you created the file. OCFS2 is just a file system like any other. I see no point in using it now, though. I think it is just an historical anomaly.
Re: Oracle files full name residing in OCFS2? [message #562870 is a reply to message #562839] Mon, 06 August 2012 07:54 Go to previous message
swaorclser
Thanks for your time and replying.

I am keen to know the full file name that will be returned. Along with the path on the system OCFS2, Fully qualified File Name Form as Oracle calls it.

Regards,
swaorclser
Previous Topic: Changing disk paths in RAC & ASM
Next Topic: REGARDING RAC SETUP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:34:12 CDT 2024