Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora (Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 Windows 2008 Release 2)
Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora [message #558938] Wed, 27 June 2012 10:34 Go to next message
kmsalih
Hi,

I am planning to set QUEUESIZE parameter in listener.ora.
In a non-rac database, we can set in %ORACLE_HOME%/network/admin/listener.ora

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = servername)(PORT = portnumber)(QUEUESIZE=n))

How to set the QUEUESIZE in a RAC Database with SCAN feature. listener.ora inside the grid home contains the following information

LISTENER_SCAN3=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN3)))) # line added by Agent
LISTENER_SCAN2=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN2)))) # line added by Agent
LISTENER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER)))) # line added by Agent
LISTENER_SCAN1=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN1)))) # line added by Agent
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN1=ON # line added by Agent
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER=ON # line added by Agent
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN2=ON # line added by Agent
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN3=ON # line added by Agent

and the endpoints_listener.ora contains the following (edited the host and ip details for maintaining confidentiality)

LISTENER_HOSTDB02=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostdb02vip)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=<ip of hostdb02>)(PORT=1521)(IP=FIRST)))) # line added by Agent

As per my understanding, QUEUESIZE parameter can be set inside the endpoints_listener.ora

Please correct if i am wrong.

Also please let me know how to make changes in a oracle 11g rac environment.

Thanks,
Salih

Re: Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora [message #558944 is a reply to message #558938] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I am planning to set QUEUESIZE parameter in listener.ora.
WHY?
Re: Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora [message #558959 is a reply to message #558944] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmsalih
Hi,

It is a recommendation by the Application Vendor. They recommended to add the QUEUESIZE parameter and set value to 100.

Thanks,
Salih
Re: Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora [message #558960 is a reply to message #558959] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>It is a recommendation by the Application Vendor.
>They recommended to add the QUEUESIZE parameter and set value to 100.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10835/listener.htm#NETRF297
Re: Setting QUEUESIZE Parameter in listener.ora [message #558963 is a reply to message #558938] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:40 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
As per my understanding, QUEUESIZE parameter can be set inside the endpoints_listener.ora
As far as I know, you are correct. But I do not think there would be any point in specifying this. I have never seen 11.2 listeners overloaded, I would rely on the SCAN listeners load balancing requests across the node listeners.
Ask your application vendor why they recommend this. If the application is likely to generate numerous concurrent connection requests, I would say that points to a bad application design. Perhaps they are not using connection pooling properly.
Previous Topic: Listener failed to start.
Next Topic: ORA-28035 Cannot Get Session Key for Authentication while using Radius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:36:52 CDT 2024