Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Change of Account Name (Oracle Financials 11.5)
Change of Account Name [message #529985] Thu, 03 November 2011 18:11 Go to next message
Micheal Rangel
I need to use an existing account that is not being used and change it's name. I thought it was in Setup>Financials>Flexfields>Key??? but can't figure it out. Thanks
Re: Change of Account Name [message #530013 is a reply to message #529985] Fri, 04 November 2011 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I know nothing about software product you use (so this is most probably useless); however - if Oracle Financials' account is anything like an "ordinary" Oracle database's username (I suppose that it is similar to your "account"), then you might not be able to do that.

Because, you can't change a username. If you want to do that, you have to drop existing user and create a new one, having a different name (which doesn't have to be a simple task, depending on objects it contains, privileges spread through the database, possible database links between different databases etc.).

So, maybe you'll have to create a new account (if the account acts the same way as a username).

Anyway, wait for another opinion, there are people here who use Oracle Apps. and - I hope - will be able to provide an accurate answer.

Re: Change of Account Name [message #530105 is a reply to message #529985] Fri, 04 November 2011 12:11 Go to previous message
Micheal Rangel
Also, what level of user rights would I need. I'm a superuser of the GL.
Previous Topic: Parent Child Values in GL Accounting Segment
Next Topic: Po Attachments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:08:34 CDT 2024