Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Check XML element exists in XMLP RTF template
icon4.gif  Check XML element exists in XMLP RTF template [message #510802] Tue, 07 June 2011 20:28
solluidforever
Hi,

I am designing an RTF Template with a Connected Query as a Datasource. The connected query has a parent query and 5 other children queries. Each child query has few columns and one of them is a Rate column, which is used to display the number value. The requirement is that, if the child query returns a Rate value, it should show the amount(which is accomplished easily), and if there is no value returned(i.e., the child query output has 0 rows), in that case, it should show 0.00, which is the default value for number. Now, my challenge is in showing 0.00 when the child query doesn't return any rows, because in that case, the XML generated for that situation, does not contain this child query as element. So, I need to check to see if that child query exists in the XML...if it doesn't exist, then show 0.00. For now, I am thinking, I could do a

<?for-each:Child-query-name?>
<?xdofx:set_variable($_XDOXXSLT:'variable','0')?>
<?end for-each?>

and if the variable value is anything but 0, it means, the child query doesn't have any rows, in which I can use an if condition to have 0.00 displayed.

But, I am thinking there must be a simpler way, like to look for element name/node name using xsl syntax, which I am not sure of...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Advance BI Publisher Concepts - Sorting in RTF
Next Topic: cal template in XML Publisher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:20:58 CDT 2024