Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How to create LOV Dynamically (Oracle forms 10g)
How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501479] Tue, 29 March 2011 06:33 Go to next message
parag_narkhede
Hi All,

I searched a lot on Orafaq.com, but couldn't find/understand solution to below issue.

In my FMB, I have not created any LOV or records group. but in when-new-form-instance, my requirement is to create record group and create LOV and attach it to item.

I know I can write below code.

declare
   l_rg_id  RecordGroup;
   l_lov_id LOV;
   l_chr_rg_name VARCHAR2(100);
   l_chr_rg_query VARCHAR2(1000);
   l_num_errcode NUMBER;

Begin
 l_chr_rg_name:='VENDOR_NAME';
 l_chr_rg_query:='select 'Test' from dual';      
 l_rg_id := Find_Group( l_chr_rg_name ); 
 l_num_errcode := Populate_Group_With_Query( l_chr_rg_name,   
                                             l_chr_rg_query); 
[b] l_lov_id := Find_LOV('VENDOR_NAME'); [/b] 
Set_LOV_Property(l_lov_id, GROUP_NAME, l_rg_id); 
 set_item_property(:BLK.FLD_NM, LOV_NAME,'VENDOR_NAME');
END;

But in above code, I dont have 'VENDOR_NAME' LOV in FMB. Is there any APIs in forms to create this LOV?
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501480 is a reply to message #501479] Tue, 29 March 2011 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
No. LOV's have to be pre-created.
What actual problem are you trying to solve by dynamically creating LOV's.
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501483 is a reply to message #501480] Tue, 29 March 2011 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
based on certain conditions, I want to create record group , create LOV, attach record group to LOV and finally attach that LOV to item.

I am working in oracle apps E buisiness suite, where forms are already created. we can just modify them using some library known as custom.pll.
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501486 is a reply to message #501483] Tue, 29 March 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
I have got some text from forms builder. Can somebody help me to understand it.

Quote:
d2flovcr_Create( d2fctx *pd2fctx, d2fob *parent, d2flov **ppd2flov, text *name ); This function creates a list of values (LOV). You specify a pointer to the context in pd2fctx, a pointer to the parent of the new LOV object in parent, a handle for the function to store the newly-created object in ppd2flov, and the name of the new object in name. This function returns D2FS_SUCCESS if it is able to create a new LOV in ppd2flov
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501487 is a reply to message #501486] Tue, 29 March 2011 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
Quote:

List of values (LOV) object functions:

This section describes the functions of the Form Builder Open API List of Values (LOV) object.

d2flovcr_Create( d2fctx *pd2fctx, d2fob *parent, d2flov **ppd2flov, text *name );

This function creates a list of values (LOV). You specify a pointer to the context in pd2fctx, a pointer to the parent of the new LOV object in parent, a handle for the function to store the newly-created object in ppd2flov, and the name of the new object in name.

This function returns D2FS_SUCCESS if it is able to create a new LOV in ppd2flov.
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501850 is a reply to message #501479] Fri, 01 April 2011 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
Can somebody confirm 100% that we can not create LOV dynamically??
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501872 is a reply to message #501850] Fri, 01 April 2011 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't tell for sure (because certain features, I thought they don't exist or can be done, actually exist and experts know how to do such things), but this is how I'd do that: (pre)create as many record groups and LoVs as necessary. During runtime, attach different LoVs to the same item (you'd use SET_ITEM_PROPERTY (LOV_NAME) to do that).
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501887 is a reply to message #501872] Fri, 01 April 2011 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
Yes, but I am working in Oracle applications E-buisiness suite, wherein we can't modify form by adding LOV. we have to do it using some other ways called persoanlzation or using CUSTOM.pll where we write our custom code...
Re: How to create LOV Dynamically [message #501893 is a reply to message #501887] Fri, 01 April 2011 05:07 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I wouldn't know how to do that.
Previous Topic: Fixed Asset Accounts Functionality
Next Topic: auto config fails during adclone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:04:36 CDT 2024