Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Disk Performance Issues
Disk Performance Issues [message #488424] Fri, 07 January 2011 05:59 Go to next message
unex
Hello.

I'm using Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 and having quite some disk performance problems.

Before i was using 11g and didn't had such low performance on my computer. It is true that i'm not running it in a server, but even though the difference is HUGE.

I started reducing the sga memory. Now the problem was disk is constantly being used when i have oracle instance executing.
So i decided to remove archive logs.. No improvement. Disk is constantly being used.

Anyone has any idea of what can i do?

Thanks in advance,
André
Re: Disk Performance Issues [message #488426 is a reply to message #488424] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Copy and paste what you see then you can see it also.
How does the fact that the disk is constantly used is a performances problem for you?

Regards
Michel
Re: Disk Performance Issues [message #488438 is a reply to message #488426] Fri, 07 January 2011 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unex
Well.
Since i work with oracle in clients but for testing purposes i need to make local tests in my pc having the disk constantly being used by oracle makes all the other operations on my pc, which means the other technologies and software i have to be running for the testing purposes go slow as hell since I/O operations are constantly being made by Oracle.

And besides that if i removed the archive logs what other kind of operations can be being issued by oracle to bottleneck my disk? Ok, some routines of DB, but to the point of saturation?

Thanks for your time,
André

Re: Disk Performance Issues [message #488446 is a reply to message #488438] Fri, 07 January 2011 08:15 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Prove your claims and SHOW US that you have IOs.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: ADDM Retention
Next Topic: Help with problem query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 18:18:52 CDT 2024