Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » QUERY OPTIMIZATION
QUERY OPTIMIZATION [message #479442] Sun, 17 October 2010 04:58 Go to next message
ending20
PLS HELP I CANT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND OR FIND OUT ABOUT THIS OPTIMIZATION TREE.

What logical optimization techniques can be applied to the query tree and Suggest a logically optimized version of the query tree.

What physical optimization techniques can be applied to the query tree? and Suggest a physically optimized query tree (i.e. evaluation plan) for executing the relational operations involved in the query tree by indicating which method will be used for evaluating each separate operator.

A situation in which projection should precede selection in processing a project-select query, and a situation where the opposite processing order is better.
  • Attachment: Tree.png
    (Size: 57.76KB, Downloaded 769 times)
Re: QUERY OPTIMIZATION [message #479446 is a reply to message #479442] Sun, 17 October 2010 06:57 Go to previous message
rleishman
Hmmm. Sounds like homework to me.

We try not to do your homework for you, because that way you don't learn anything.

Instead, why not tell us what you understand about the problem, and then ask specific and directed questions that - rather than solving the problem for you - allow you to solve it yourself. For example, if there is something you don't understand about the question, you could ask us what we think it means.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: Returning all rows that equal a max(value)
Next Topic: Full tablescan eventhough join is on indexed field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 09:23:43 CDT 2024