Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to create a large value set (EB suite)
how to create a large value set [message #478821] Tue, 12 October 2010 14:01 Go to next message
deahayes3

I am creating a concurrent program that will run a report based on 2 fields. One of the fields is a query that will append to the report when it runs. The size of the sql query can get extremely large, I was wondering how do I set the value set for this particular field if the largest size Im allowed is 999 to create a new value set?
Re: how to create a large value set [message #478927 is a reply to message #478821] Wed, 13 October 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

That's not going to work in a value set, I guess.
But I also don't think that your users are going to enter a 1000 character query in a parameter field? So where does the query come from, and can you store it in a custom table with an ID and then put the ID in the parameter, and select the query from the custom table in a report trigger?

Regards,

Arian
Re: how to create a large value set [message #478976 is a reply to message #478927] Wed, 13 October 2010 15:53 Go to previous message
deahayes3

Basically its a table and the user is going to select each row they want to produce a label for by using a check box for each record in order to print a label for it. The user can select 1, 3, 5, 15, or even 20 records for example, so the query gets pretty big. I will try your suggestion about creating a table to hold the query temporarily until the report is ran.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Value set Constant Value
Next Topic: Masking of Taxpayer Id in View Invoices Summary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:09:18 CDT 2024